We're looking for our first Product Manager to join our team at Censys. As the first PM, you will have the opportunity to help build a SaaS product that enables researchers and analysts to explore and draw security insights from the most trusted and credible internet data that exists (ours)! Censys processes terabytes of network data every day -- it is your job to help us leverage that data to provide valuable insights for our customers by building a vision, strategy and requirements for our platform service offering.
Our ideal Product Manager will have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong internal drive, and an ability to balance the need for thinking big-picture while also being able to get things done and pay attention to detail. You take a market-driven approach to product management, with an eye towards customer experience and focus on how to bring ease-of-use to solve Enterprise security problems. You are passionate about solving customer problems, and will bring customer context to various stakeholders across Engineering, UX, Marketing and Sales to help communicate and execute your vision and deliver a service that delights our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers to identify problems that align with our technology, and validate the customer use cases with the broader market to ensure broad market appeal
- Define the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Work with external third parties to explore potential partnership and licensing opportunities
- Collaborate with engineering and UX on design alternatives to solve the customer problems, and iterate, test and validate the designs with customers
- Be the customer advocate in an Agile development environment
- Keep track of our competitor’s offerings and determine how we can best differentiate ourselves and provide superior value to potential customers
- Partner with marketing and sales to support product launch and go-to-market activities
Skills You Might Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in a Product Manager role, with experience launching at least 5 software products to market
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- You are a strong communicator for both strategic and technical issues to a cross-functional team
- You are comfortable acting as a leader within the company, and you are comfortable influencing people without authority
- You have relevant experience in computer networking and information security
- You have the ability to manage dynamic cross-functional stakeholders while quarterbacking the product roadmap
This job is a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time.
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems
- If you prefer to operate within a strictly defined boundary and require defined processes and detailed procedures to operate effectively, this job might not be for you.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.