ABOUT THIS TEMP POSITION
This is a temporary position and the length of assignment is estimated to go until December 31, 2023 and likely into 2024. The length of the assignment is always dependent on business need and dates may change. While the assignment would be at the Alliance, if selected, you would be an employee of a temporary employment agency that we would connect you with. At Central California Alliance for Health we offer an administrative healthcare setting for amazing nurses to bring their hands-on clinical experience into a health plan to have an impact in a number of different departments. Most of our temporary nurse positions are remote, offering flexibility to work from the comfort of your home, or to join us in one of our regional offices if you want to connect with your team onsite. As a health plan serving members on the Central Coast and Central Valley, we keep a standard schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm PST. We enjoy most holidays off with friends and family and usually aren't working nights or weekends. We have an ongoing need for temporary registered nurses to join our team for different assignments. Sometimes our caseloads exceed the capacity of our current team and we bring in additional temporary staff to ensure that our members are getting timely case management for when they need it most.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Community Care Coordination Nurses coordinate care and empower members to achieve their health and wellness goals through collaboration and by facilitating member relationships with community providers. Within this department, we have the following types of nurses. Read through each position description for a more in-depth look at the requirements and daily responsibilities.
The Pediatric Complex Case Management team is a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, that supports one another while case managing and advocating for children with complex medical and developmental issues. It is a busy team that always makes time to come together, constantly communicates, and delegates to remain efficient and productive. They are looking for another great team player, who also likes to have some fun in between the hard work. While it's not guaranteed, many of our temporary nurses have also joined the Alliance as regular employees, following their temp assignments.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for this role is a team player, flexible, eager to learn, and a critical thinker. This role involves working in the grey and working independently, but also being willing to, and knowing when to, collaborate with other team members to provide the best possible care for our pediatric members and families. It is important to add someone to this team who is excited and ready to be part of a team who works closely together and frequently.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Complex Case Management Supervisor (RN), you will:
- Develop and manage an individualized comprehensive plan for care of members referred into the assigned Case Management Program with the goal of promoting optimal, achievable outcomes in the most cost effective and appropriate manner
- Work with and educate members, families, external agencies and internal departments on the Case Management Program and provided assistance as needed
- Participate in Quality Improvement studies, to continually evaluate the program's effectiveness and ability in promoting quality driven, cost effective achievable goals and outcomes for members
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Clinical nursing
- Case management
- Care management and coordination
- Evidence-based practice guidelines in the development of care plans
- Medi-Cal and related policy and benefits related Title 22 regulations
- CCS Program and related regulations
- Ability to:
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Interpret and apply policies and regulations
- Evaluate medical records and other health care data
- Create and edit documents, letters and reports
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population of members, including those with behavioral health issues
- Education and Experience:
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California
- Associate's degree in Nursing
- 5 years of experience in a patient care setting, including at least one year of case management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying (a minimum of one year of the required patient care experience must be in an acute or outpatient environment, working with the pediatric population)
We do have other temporary and regular needs on this team. Read more about these positions below and let us know if you are interested in these other areas.
- Senior Enhanced Care Management (ECM) Advisor Nurses act as liaisons between the ECM and Community Supports (CS) Program and providers and community agencies to promote effective implementation. Theses nurses also partner with the Provider Services Department on training and develop and manage individual and comprehensive plans of care for members who are referred into the ECM Program.
- Senior Complex Case Management – Adult Nurses develop and manage an individualized comprehensive plan of care for members referred into the assigned Case Management Program with the goal of promoting optimal, achievable outcomes in the most cost effective and appropriate manner.
- Senior Complex Case Management – Pediatric Nurses support not only the children, but whole families to develop and manage an individual and comprehensive plans of care for members who are referred into the Case Management Program. They do this through a comprehensive assessment of physical and psychosocial needs via phone or face to face interaction and ensure that the plan has member-centric goals.
- We are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings may be expected for temporary employees.
- Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
- This is a temporary position, and does not provide the benefits that are listed below (it is standard language from our regular job posts and cannot be altered or removed).
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Onsite EV Charging Stations
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Mariposa, Merced, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, take a look at our Fact Sheet.
The Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We are an E-Verify participating employer
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.