We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as a Member Services Representative I (Bilingual English/Hmong) in the Member Services Department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Member Services Supervisor, you will respond to and resolve routine customer inquiries and requests through a variety of methods including in-person, phone, e-mail, fax, web, and written correspondence. You will actively participate in training, use available tools and resources, keep up to date on member benefits by line of business, Alliance and departmental operations, policies, procedures, and best practices related to managed health care and customer service.
Learn more from our current team about a day in the life of an Member Services Representative below and how important communication is throughout their work.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We empower members to understand Alliance services and provide resources that meet medical, cultural and social needs to improve member health and well-being. In our Member Services Call Center, we answer calls from Alliance members, which may include general questions about the plan, require help finding a primary care provider or bring up an issue that needs resolution.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Bilingual (English/Hmong) required
- The principles and practices of customer service
- Basic knowledge of health care
- Ability to:
- Operate general office equipment (e.g., personal computer, telephone, printer, fax machine, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Translate healthcare-related terminology and complex processes into simple language and step-by-step instructions to members or providers to understand and act upon
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree or higher strongly preferred
- Two years of experience in Member Services, Health Care, Public Assistance or Human Services programs; or, three years of experience in a customer service or call center environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully telecommute work environment right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview and on-boarding process for this position will be completed remotely
- This position may require onsite presence when our offices re-open, which will be no sooner than February 1, 2022. Onsite presence will most likely be on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business needs
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: This position requires staff to be fully vaccinated upon their start date as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire. Fully vaccinated is defined by the CDC. This means receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose.
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.