We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as a Senior Contracts Analyst In the Finance Division.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will process and track a high volume of medium- to high-complexity contracts from creation through final execution, including drafting, reviewing, redlining, negotiating with third parties, and finalizing agreements. You will act as a subject matter expert and resource to Alliance staff regarding contract processing policies and procedures and assist with providing mentoring and training to other analysts. You will assist Contracts Unit leadership with contract program activities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Administrative Contracts Team negotiates, implements, and manages contracts that support Alliance business operations and ensures legal and regulatory compliance. Our contracts are of a wide variety, and can range from facility contracts to medical contracts.
As a team, we are committed professionals who are passionate about the work we do. Our process is detail oriented, high volume and fast-paced. We work in a supportive, collegial environment that promotes professional growth and success, embraces challenges, celebrates accomplishments and is fun.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a highly motivated individual with full cycle contracting and negotiation expertise. You have strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently. You have excellent critical thinking skills, contract redline decision making skills and decisive judgement. You can look at a problem and come up with multiple solutions to find the best options. You are a quick learner, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of contract negotiation
- Methods, tools and techniques associated with contract development, review, implementation and management
- Principles and practices of customer service
- Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and legal research database programs
- Healthcare legislative and regulatory directives
- Ability to:
- Independently negotiate contract provisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Independently prepare, proofread and edit contracts
- Understand, interpret and apply contract language, complex laws, legislative and regulatory directives, policies, standards, and guidelines
- Demonstrate strong analytical and research skills, identify and troubleshoot issues, identify alternative solutions, and make recommendations for action
- Identify and research relevant legal materials and assess risk and offer recommendations for mitigation
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal Studies, Healthcare or a related field or possession of a J.D. degree or Paralegal Certificate
- A minimum of five years (or a Master’s degree and three years) of experience processing contracts from creation through final execution, including drafting, reviewing, redlining, and negotiating with third parties and which included a minimum of two years of experience processing contracts in a healthcare environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- An Associate’s degree and seven years of experience as outlined above may also be qualifying
- This position is available to be filled remotely, within California, but our preference will always be to hire locally. Priority will be given to candidates that are in our Local Service Area
- Currently, all of our office locations are closed. Once offices are re-opened (no sooner than July 2021), you may be required to come onsite periodically throughout the year to attend company events, department trainings, etc.
- Not all medical plan options will be available in all counties, so the selection may be limited to the HSA and PPO network/plan
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.