We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
You will be responsible for managing and leading the Technology Infrastructure Unit, including managing operational and strategic planning and network administration. You will manage, lead, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff and manage and oversee Technology Infrastructure administration, vendors and customer relations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- ITIL Foundation, CCNP, CCIE, MCSA and/or MCSE certification
- Experience working as a supervisor in a technology infrastructure environment
- Experience working in a managed healthcare environment
- Working knowledge of the Medi-Cal program and related regulations
- Working knowledge of VMWare View and SQL Server
- Working knowledge of secure healthcare electronic information exchange, including protocol standards, messaging standards, data types and elements
- Working knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule
- Working knowledge of healthcare web-based portal and mobile computing strategies for members and providers
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- Network, PC, desktop, server, database and unified communications systems technology
- Security systems, operating systems, virtualization, and disaster recovery
- Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Windows Server
- Active Directory, Domain, Schema, OU, and replication topology design
- ITIL project guidelines and processes
- Enterprise anti-virus/anti-spam/anti-malware solutions, including Symantec and/or TrendMicro
- Knowledge of and experience with VMWare and ESXi servers
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives
- Facilitate and lead meetings and projects
- Manage contracts and vendors, develop requests for proposals, evaluate vendor responses, make recommendations regarding vendor selection, and assist with contract negotiation
- Identify and define issues, conduct research, interpret data and information, evaluate options, and recommend or implement appropriate action
- Foster effective and collaborative working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of six years of experience in IT operations management which included daily systems operation and production schedule management and a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or project lead experience (or a Master’s degree and four years); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.