We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Leading, supporting and consulting on the planning and execution of process improvement engagements in collaboration with organizational partners. You will serve as a process improvement resource/subject matter expert for organizational partners and Process Improvement Program leadership and will provide training, coaching and mentoring in support of Process Improvement Program objectives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Strong problem solving has long been present at the Alliance, but Process Improvement as a formalized discipline is newly established. Our approach is principle driven and uses the robust, flexible, yet simple framework of Plan-Diagnose-Remedy. We have seen some great outcomes from our early Process Improvement work and the organization is committed, invested, and fully behind this discipline. We are excited to grow our Process Improvement team to further our impact across the organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Proven experience in a diverse portfolio of process improvement work
- A strong desire to support an evolving program and discipline new to an organization
- A Master’s degree in Organization Development, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field
- Professional experience in a health care environment
- Training in Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
- Experience with the Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS), Department of Managed Health Care, or other health care regulatory oversight bodies and knowledge of Medi-Cal, Medicaid, or managed care
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- Process improvement, project management, and change management methodologies, principles, and tools
- Ability to:
- Evaluate systems and processes by identifying measures or indicators of performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system or process
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to identify interventions and mitigate risk
- Collect, manage and analyze data
- Work on interdisciplinary teams as a member or leader
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills including team building, facilitating, problem resolution, negotiating and influencing
- Lead, motivate, coach, mentor, build investment and commitment and hold project team members accountable
- Compile and present summary reports to committees
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Organization Development, Health Care Administration, or related field
- Five years of process improvement experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.