Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data, uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and presents the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Senior Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future using state-of-the-art technologies, writing quality code that ships often.
Our full-stack software engineers work across the stack, building user interfaces, robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Work with the UI/UX team to create front-end patterns to be followed throughout the platform.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues, including mentoring.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- Experience with Node.js and Webpack (React is a bonus).
- Solid understanding of modern web application development processes and standard methodologies. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, and curiosity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!