The Role You’ll Play:
The VP Community & Ecosystem will manage a team that will be responsible for the strategy, creation and management of a variety of forums ranging from large scale conferences to smaller events (think idea dinners to technology showcases) that will be in-person, virtual or a combination of the two. Large scale conferences include CB Insights’ Future of Fintech and Future of Health.
About the Events team:
The CB Insights Community & Ecosystem team is responsible for developing innovative ways to connect our network of clients with each other so that they can share knowledge, consummate deals and advance their careers and their companies. Our clients span Fortune 1000 executives to technology company founders to venture capitalists to investment bankers and more.
Your Main Tasks:
The VP of Community & Ecosystem will set the team’s strategy and create a forums that may include but are not limited to:
- Industry forums that get people together focused on the same industry, i.e. healthcare, banking, insurance, retail, automotive, etc.
- Functional forums that bring people together who may be in corporate development or VC or leading large functions in an enterprise such as CMOs or CHROs or heads of supply chain
- Buyer and seller forums that bring together technology buyers and partners together with best-in-class technology company founders & execs
The VP and their team will define these and other forums and be responsible for creating an active and vibrant community through the creation of a steady calendar of top notch, high-end events that bring our clients together and from which attendees leave more knowledgeable and networked. The team currently is 6 people and based on the strategy that the VP lays out, we expect this will grow.
In this role, you will not only learn something new every day, but also build an incredible and lasting network of industry leaders, founders, and venture capitalists from across a diverse set of industries and from around the world.
While we’re open to a variety of backgrounds and experience levels, successful candidates will most likely have experience in sales operations, demand generation, corporate or business development, strategic sales/partnerships, or network/community building in the broad technology ecosystem.
What you bring to the table:
The ideal candidate has all of the following qualities:
- Understands the technology and venture ecosystem broadly; pays close attention to technology trends and their long-term implications for industry
- Experience in building, developing and leading industry and functional forums of various formats that participants love to attend and which ultimately drive concrete results for them
- Compelling and charismatic communicator, who is comfortable and will thrive in front of a room of senior industry leaders, VCs, founders, etc
- Thoughtful listener; can understand critical needs across a wide variety of client types and identify ways to authentically add value
- Outstanding track record of successfully building meaningful relationships with executive-level leadership
- Steeped in the world of sales ops and/or marketing automation, and can leverage technology to make scalable impact
- Empathy for both industry executives and founders; keeping everyone’s “WIIFM” (what’s in it for me) in mind is crucial
- Resourceful and willing & able to wear many hats; This means being a strategic thinker who can set a vision for the Community & Ecosystem team but also being able to help source keynote speakers or develop a content strategy for an event. You should be able to go high and low.
- Track record leading high performance teams
- Impeccable ability to recruit top tier talent via traditional channels as well as creative ones
If this sounds like a challenge you are up to — and you are extremely methodical, persistent, and passionate about impacting and helping others — we’d like to hear from you.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.