Understand business goals. Find solutions. Partner for Success.
The role you’ll play:
CB Insights is looking for a strategic and experienced HRBP to partner with our technical and research teams (Engineering, Product, Design, and Intelligence) as we enter our next phase of growth. As a member of the People team, not only will you provide guidance to your client groups, but you’ll also help define what an HRBP means at CB Insights, both immediately and in the future. This is a hybrid role that includes the opportunity to specialize in and drive execution of org-wide talent management programming such as talent reviews, career progression, and/or engagement survey strategy and execution.
You’ll be a strong partner to People teams in establishing how to best partner, define and programatize people strategies. You’ll also encourage your client groups to take on a forward looking model as we scale over the next few years. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact throughout CB Insights and grow as a leader in the People space.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Partner with leadership of CBI’s Engineering, Design, Product, and Intelligence teams to:
- Define and execute key organizational and people-related initiatives
- Use data to create insights and make recommendations to leadership for programs to engage and develop talent
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback and employee development
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers and re-leveling
- Lead internal HR investigations by gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and policies, and recommending actions
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for inquiries.
Take overall responsibility for program management in at least one of our organization-wide talent areas:
- Biannual talent reviews
- Continuously improve, update, and publish career progression frameworks
- Engagement survey strategy and execution
- Performance development
What you bring to the table:
- 5 + years working in a People (HR) Business Partner capacity at dynamic organizations, strong preference for experience in SaaS
- Experience working to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience within various people functions with broad organizational responsibility
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience
- Holds analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in using data to identify insights and trends that drive action
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – high degree of empathy and the ability to build trust at all levels of CBI
- Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and an ability to ruthlessly prioritize the most critical objectives
This role will be right for you if:
- You’re a strong communicator who knows how to flex their communication style across all levels (from org-wide communications to sensitive 1:1s).
- You love using data to make informed decisions about People initiatives
- You are analytical in nature, and easily connect People initiatives to business outcomes
- You’re an owner who shows accountability and care in all aspects of their work.
- You have a passion for understanding the business goals, finding solutions, and improving processes.