Research technology markets and companies. Help clients make decisions. Create compelling research.
If you are passionate about following fintech, from the front office to the back-office and embedded fintech and beyond, then we have a job for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible and most actionable insight into technology markets and vendors? Are you able to develop a viewpoint and package insights into research that is prescriptive rather than merely descriptive? Are you able to help junior analysts do the same?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech markets and companies driving tech disruption across industries. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups and incumbents in your industry, and have the ear of senior decision makers.
Your main tasks:
- Write data-driven research briefs and reports that combine our data with your insights/expertise to analyze the momentum of fintech startups, markets, and competitive dynamics
- Understand and develop prescriptive insights for decision makers and executives in banking, payments, and wealth management, among other areas
- Track tech markets and companies and develop an impactful research agenda in your principal vertical, e.g. banking, payments, etc.
- Publish digestible, differentiated, and incisive research on our client-only platform and occasionally for our public research portal
- Develop and give client and prospect presentations to discuss tech markets and companies in fintech
- When required, mentor, coach, and supervise the work of one or two junior analysts
- Support PR requests and CB Insights events with data and category knowledge
- Help develop and pioneer new research products
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience in fintech-related position (can be while working in any of the fields cited above), preferably in banking, payments or adjacent verticals. Must be able to demonstrate fintech domain knowledge.
- Writing experience a must – can be within the fields of tech or market research, journalism, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in financial services, technology, or related area
- Show a contagious passion for the material: Must be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things fintech
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful viewpoints and prescriptive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to Fortune 500 clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category.
- Research experience a plus; the idea candidate will have a track record of prolific and impactful publications in fintech
- Some startup experience ideal, a thick skin and high tolerance for change required
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.