Lead a team. Develop Strategies. Drive Growth.
CB Insights is looking for a skilled Associate, VP to help lead and develop our growing strategic accounts team.
The role you'll play:
The Associate VP of Strategic Accounts is responsible for the overall success of some of our largest customers and should have extensive experience selling into and managing relationships of large enterprise organizations (over 10,000 employees). This person is specifically responsible for managing a team of 6 Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) and improving upon current Account Management practices to impact overall portfolio growth. They will develop strategies and drive the team of SAM’s dedicated to the customers' success. The position is based out of New York City and will require customer travel once appropriate.
About the Customer Success Team:
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team's diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our groups diversity. You can look around and you'll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead team of six Strategic Account Managers and corresponding account strategies to achieve net growth of the strategic customer segment.
- In partnership with the go to market team, support ideation and development of best practices in account retention and expansion of the strategic segment.
- Support SAM’s in their tackling of difficult contractual negotiations with enterprise organizations
- Be knowledgeable of enterprise account management best practices and challenging procurement procedures
- Leverage your extensive experience to spread knowledge to the team on enterprise selling best practices
- Recruit and hire new talent for the team as required.
- Maintain best practices for our team across all aspects of the customer lifecycle
- Motivate a team of high performers to perform above their already significant results
- Create and develop and organizational plan for growth in the future
- Determine enablement needs specific to the strategic accounts team.
- Partner and provide guidance for refinement of the SAM compensation model.
- Collaborate and manage relationships with Strategic AE’s
What you bring to the table:
- Ten (10) years experience in growth based account management. This experience must include maintaining relationships with accounts generating over one million dollars in revenue.
- 2+ years managing a team
- Preferred knowledge of corporate innovation, strategy, venture or M&A
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!