Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of data in real time on the private market, and then extracts knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a dynamic user interface which enables our clients to make strategic business decisions around corporate strategy, innovation, investments, etc. We are hiring for a backend engineering to help drive our business forward.
The Role You’ll Play
Here at CB Insights, our backend software engineers build robust services and scalable data processing jobs. This Backend role is on our internal operations team that builds software and tools to drive our business.
About the team:
This team is one of the most internally collaborative team’s we have at CBI! We have the opportunity to build key features for our internal stakeholders such as our Data and Marketing teams. We get direct feedback from our users while helping drive our core business. Working in the CBI engineering department is unique. Since we are a smaller team without a lot of bureaucracy, we are able to really push the envelope without going through a lot of red tape. It is also a great team to learn from others and grow in your career, as well as a chance to enact any ideas you may bring to the table. We have frequent team lunches and happy hours and we’re a very open and friendly group.
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our internal stakeholders on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon time frame.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements
What You Bring to the Table:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- An interest in helping out across the stack as needed
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll Be Successful Here if You Are:
- A believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.