Research emerging tech. Find new trends. Create amazing content.
This is an opportunity to join a team that is producing the industry’s smartest, most digestible and most actionable insight into the technologies, business models, competitors and market trends of tomorrow.
The role you'll play:
As CB Insights analyst, you will be given the opportunity to produce digestible and actionable insight into technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends of tomorrow. In this role you will help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade, by using data and not your gut.
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup and spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial and product side of our business, and have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.
Your main tasks:
- Support senior analysts in flagship reports and client deliverables
- Understand key trends and develop analyses and insights for enterprise technology areas such as AI, cloud computing, cybersecurity, mobile, enterprise IT software and infrastructure, etc.
- Develop client presentations to discuss market trends
- Publish digestible, differentiated, and incisive research on our client-only platform and occasionally for our public research portal
- Ought to be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related disciplines such as venture capital and M&A
What you bring to the table:
- Writing experience is a requirement – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, equity research, investment banking or consulting
- 3-5 years of relatable work experience
- You should be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things technology
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Startup experience ideal, but a thick skin and a high tolerance for change required
- Some knowledge in machine learning and AI trends and technologies preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.