Build a product clients love. Lead a high-growth team. Solve complex problems.
CB Insights has grown quickly by focusing on clients. We do this by building products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data.
With a massive market ahead and a fast-growing team, we want to add a hands-on product leader.
The role you'll play:
The Director of Product Management is a new role, and a great opportunity to solve complex problems, and to lead a tight-knit, hungry, and highly visible team.
You will drive product prioritization, roadmap, and scale product management practices that enable us to deliver valuable and high-quality products to our clients fast.
You and your team’s work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 2000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
Your main tasks:
- Own quarterly product prioritization and a rolling 6-month roadmap that make our clients successful and move the needle on product KPIs
- Articulate roadmap strategy, prioritization tradeoffs (supported by data), and value to clients to leadership, and to the larger CB Insights team
- Lead by example: own a portfolio of data and workflow products; drive roadmap for products you own from idea to launch, and continual iterations.
- Partner with Design and Engineering to create cohesiveness in UX and UI across web and mobile platforms.
- Lead a team of 3+ Product Managers responsible for prioritizing, planning, and delivering the roadmap
- Embody a client-focused and performance-driven culture; recruit and retain talent
- Coach product managers on key principles and skills. Examples include: data-driven prioritization, simplifying complex problems, defining meaningful product KPIs
- Refine product practices and improve consistency in quality deliverables (e.g. research summaries, roadmap documentation, PRDs) across product managers
- Solidify and roll-out product development process with leaders across functions (e.g. Technical PM, Design, Engineering, Data, Customer Success, and Product Marketing) to improve the quality of products delivered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS product management experience, preferably in a startup or high-growth environment serving enterprise clients
- Recruited and led a high-performing team of product managers
- Hands-on leadership experience: proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to launch complex products in an Agile and fast-paced environment
- Built and optimized product development, launch, and enablement processes with internal partners
- Track record in leading product planning efforts: including planning the roadmap at the org-level, and setting quarterly OKR with a team of product managers
- UX certification or proficiency in wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Abstract, Invision) is a plus
- Experience in a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital) is a plus
You'll be successful here if you:
- Have high standards for you and your team’s work, and what a product should enable clients to achieve
- Enjoy building data software products with engineers and designers in an iterative, and fast-paced environment
- Are client-obsessed, and have a deep understanding of CB Insights’ clients. You challenge and coach product managers to deliver valuable client experience under aggressive goals
- See the big product picture, but also sweat the details; you can get into the weeds of UX and feature requirements when the team needs you to
- Value hard work and collaboration
- Embrace that speed of execution is a weapon for a growth company
- Take an analytical and data-driven approach to product prioritization
- Have strong communication skills; you should feel comfortable speaking to diverse audiences (e.g. executives, technical audience, clients) as the subject-matter-expert on product
- Are a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences.
- Are a data geek and enjoy experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!