Build a product clients love. Solve complex problems. Guide product roadmap.
If you are customer-obsessed, a strong communicator and a structured thinker, we’d love to talk.
The role you'll play:
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data.
We are looking to add an experienced Product Manager to join our mission and report into the Director of Product. This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing and highly visible Product team.
You will guide the product roadmap, uncover product needs through research and client conversations, translate product ideas and goals into projects, and launch products.
Your work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 580,000+ newsletter subscribers.
Your main tasks:
- Guide roadmap for products you own from idea to implementation. This includes market research driven by client usage data, competitor research, client conversations and other sources to determine needs, prioritize ideas in a disciplined and deliberate way and ultimately work with product marketing and sales/customer success to ensure successful rollout
- Have a good eye for UX & UI to translate product ideas into wireframes (or draft designs if you have the design chops) and clear requirements documents
- Drive product planning with Designers, Project Managers, and Engineering Team Leads
- Integrate insights from customers conversations, stakeholder feedback, and competitive research to identify product opportunities and differentiators
- Communicate strategy, value to clients, and roadmap for your product areas to the larger CB Insights team
- Establish success metrics for your products; monitor and refine your product areas based on client engagement for your product area
- Partner with Product Marketing to contribute to go-to-market plans and collateral (e.g. FAQS)
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in product management for a software development company and / or a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital)
- Experience turning large datasets into simple and beautiful product offerings a big plus
- Proven experience building great products with software development teams.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in product planning, wireframing and/or prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Invision)
- You have high standards for your work and what a product should enable clients to achieve
- A structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences. Clarity of thought is important in both written and verbal communication. Is comfortable talking with a diverse array of audiences ranging from Fortune 500 customers to engineers to sales professionals.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- You should be a great listener who is comfortable talking to clients to understand their needs and distill insights from these conversations into themes that promote product strategy
- You are a data geek and enjoy experimentation; proficiency in SQL is a plus
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!