Looking to combine the thinking AND the doing of strategy and execution? Interested in being pivotal to the growth of a fast-moving, cutting-edge company? Read on.
CB Insights is at an incredibly exciting time in its growth. We have a great product, are attacking a massive market, and have a rapidly growing team. We are looking for a manager to join the Strategy and New Business Incubation team, and play a critical role in positively impacting our current and future operations.
About the team:
The Strategy team is a part of the nerve center of the company. We have a cross-functional view of the most important priorities across CB Insights, while helping define and build out the future. You will have a chance to work directly with the leadership team to define our current and future states; and be the first to test and iterate on new opportunities. As a lean team, you will have the chance to wear multiple hats and develop a range of skills in a short period of time, working with teams across CB Insights.
The role you'll play:
The Strategy and New Business Incubation team serves a two-fold purpose - 1) We partner with business units to develop strategies which quickly unblock challenges and generate new opportunities, and 2) We ideate, iterate, and test new business ventures for the company. Our success depends on the ability to think big, while having an analytical and practical approach to implementation. The Manager will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for independently running a portfolio of projects, and serving as a thought partner to the SVP and other business leads.
If you’re a current or ex-consultant, have exposure to SaaS, and are looking to step into a high-growth role with a rapidly scaling company, let’s talk.
Your main tasks:
- Support a portfolio of projects with the SVP and other members of the Strategy team: Sample projects can range from classic growth strategy to M&A opportunity evaluation, and from optimizing product/ services mix to pricing. A subset of project with be independently owned and managed in this role.
- Work directly with the executive team and C-suite to scope and execute on projects
- Work with CBIers across the organization at all levels to best inform and drive your work forward
- Support nascent new businesses, with the opportunity to step in and lead them to scale
- Be central to establishing the growth agenda and direction of the company
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of work experience, with at least two years in a strategy consulting role
- Demonstrated success executing growth strategy and/or business transformation projects
- Demonstrated experience working with fast-growth SaaS companies, either directly or in an advisory role
- Proven ability to independently scope, prioritize, and manage workload
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters a plus
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with growth strategy projects, and exposure to M&A dealmaking
- Understanding of SaaS platform businesses
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You'll be successful if you are:
- Comfortable with ambiguous topics - and the ability to break down challenges and opportunities into component parts, and build a plan to tackle each one to provide clarity for yourself and those around you
- Into an Ownership mindset - taking responsibility for driving towards results and have a high personal bar for output
- Focused on results - Frameworks are important, but the end results will define success
- Able to move quickly - We are a challenger brand. Speed is a weapon. We believe an imperfect but mostly right answer today is better than a perfect answer tomorrow. We want to test and launch new ideas quickly. Being tenacious and relentlessly resourceful is key.
- Humble - We have developed strong antibodies to arrogance or hints of arrogance
- Helpful - This role will require building partnerships throughout CBI. Being a helpful colleague is important
- High IQ - You will be developing and analyzing a number of markets and business ideas which may be quite varied. You should be able to deal with ambiguity, understand ideas quickly and use a systems thinking mindset to look at an opportunity to understand the constituent parts and where the opportunities and challenges may arise and how to prioritize
- A Great communicator - You should be able to synthesize information quickly and cogently and present it via the appropriate medium
- Someone with High standards - This one doesn’t require much explanation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.