Looking to combine the thinking AND the doing of strategy and execution? Interested in being pivotal to the growth of a fast-moving, cutting-edge company? Read on.
CB Insights is at an incredibly exciting time in its growth. We have a great product, are attacking a massive market, and have a rapidly growing team. We are looking for a manager to join the Strategy and New Business Incubation team, and play a critical role in positively impacting our current and future operations.
The Strategy and New Business Incubation team serves a two-fold purpose - 1) We partner with business units to develop strategies which quickly unblock challenges and generate new opportunities, and 2) We ideate, iterate, and test new business ventures for the company. Our success depends on the ability to think big, while having an analytical and practical approach to implementation. The Manager will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for independently running a portfolio of projects, and serving as a thought partner to the SVP and other business leads.
If you’re a current or ex-consultant, have exposure to SaaS, and are looking to step into a high-growth role with a rapidly scaling company, let’s talk.
In this role, you will:
- Support a portfolio of projects with the SVP and other members of the Strategy team: Sample projects can range from classic growth strategy to M&A opportunity evaluation, and from optimizing product/ services mix to pricing. A subset of project with be independently owned and managed in this role.
- Work directly with the executive team and C-suite to scope and execute on projects
- Work with CBIers across the organization at all levels to best inform and drive your work forward
- Support nascent new businesses, with the opportunity to step in and lead them to scale
- Be central to establishing the growth agenda and direction of the company
- 4+ years of work experience, with at least two years in a strategy consulting role
- Demonstrated success executing growth strategy and/or business transformation projects
- Demonstrated experience working with fast-growth SaaS companies, either directly or in an advisory role
- Proven ability to independently scope, prioritize, and manage workload
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters a plus
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with growth strategy projects, and exposure to M&A dealmaking
- Understanding of SaaS platform businesses
Keys to success in the role:
- Being comfortable with ambiguous topics - and the ability to break down challenges and opportunities into component parts, and build a plan to tackle each one to provide clarity for yourself and those around you
- Ownership mindset - taking responsibility for driving towards results and have a high personal bar for output
- Focus on results - Frameworks are important, but the end results will define success
- Ability to move quickly - We are a challenger brand. Speed is a weapon. We believe an imperfect but mostly right answer today is better than a perfect answer tomorrow. We want to test and launch new ideas quickly. Being tenacious and relentlessly resourceful is key.
- Humble - We have developed strong antibodies to arrogance or hints of arrogance
- Helpful - This role will require building partnerships throughout CBI. Being a helpful colleague is important
- High IQ - You will be developing and analyzing a number of markets and business ideas which may be quite varied. You should be able to deal with ambiguity, understand ideas quickly and use a systems thinking mindset to look at an opportunity to understand the constituent parts and where the opportunities and challenges may arise and how to prioritize
- Great communicator - You should be able to synthesize information quickly and cogently and present it via the appropriate medium
- High standards - This one doesn’t require much explanation
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.