Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Front-End React Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future using state-of-the-art technologies writing quality code that ships often.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Be part of a small team to add functionality to the Android and iOS applications written in React Native.
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence web platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, and tested within the agreed upon time-frame.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- 3+ years of hands-on front-end development with modern web application technology stacks such as Node.js, React/Angular and Redux.
- 1+ years experience with React (experience with React Native A+)
- Solid understanding of modern application development processes and standard methodologies. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience building data visualizations will be preferred
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.