Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, so we are part of a pretty big family. And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun and dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy Games is looking for a Sr. Producer to join our team in Kirkland, WA. In this role, you will collaborate with a cross-discipline game team to drive one or more of the studio's mobile titles through the development cycle. The right candidate for this role has experience with full-cycle game development, is a strong leader and communicator, and loves collaborating with diverse teams.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute upon a broad roadmap for a multi-platform, F2P mobile game.
- Develop schedules and facilitate production pipelines and content delivery.
- Coordinate quality, technical, and business requirements from studio leadership, publishing, and marketing organizations, constantly communicating progress, slippage, and risk.
- Deliver to expected targets for time, budget, and quality; while considering resources and output.
- Work with external development partners to meet production schedules, as needed.
- Ensure strong communication flow across the team, internally and externally.
- Actively handle relationships and workflows with various publishing teams, including but not limited to QA, marketing, and business/operations.
- Act as the ultimate diplomat, identifying potential challenges and developing mitigation plans, as needed.
- Represent the project among internal and external audiences.
Who We Believe Will Be a Phenomenal Fit:
- 5+ years game development experience in a production role, with a demonstrated history of shipping, free-to-play mobile games, ideally with experience going from initial design phases to live operations. Ideal experience also includes risk management and proactive risk assessment, mitigation, and remediation.
- The ideal educational level includes a bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or comparable, relevant work experience.
- Expert-level understanding of the mobile game landscape from a production perspective, including game economies, data analysis, and back-end environments.
- Experience with card-collecting, card-battling, and/or deck-building games is a plus!
- World-class communicator, with a focus on producing effective production documentation, and working directly with game engineers, artists, and designers.
- Experience with common software development tools – e.g., source control, bug databases, project management suites, etc.
- Self-starters who have experience on projects that span multiple platforms, business departments and operating units, vendors, and custom development.
- Hard-working people who strive for effectiveness, efficiency, and quality.
- Fast-learners who actively seek out and enjoy solving problems and stepping out of their immediate comfort zone.
- Senior producers are naturally organized, prioritize well, and demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Great teammates who raise issues and offer solutions.
- Confident and capable individuals, who have the conviction to make and own their decisions.
- Cool heads under pressure who are capable of leading calmly.
- People who are genuinely interested in launching and running great games!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.