Catapult is a world leader in sports performance technology, serving over 3,200 teams across 40 sports. We improve some of your favourite athletes’ performances through creating and developing athlete management systems, video analysis tools, and wearable tracking devices. Our technology offers objective solutions to sport based challenges and can be found throughout the AFL, NRL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and many more.
Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organisation; Catapult has grown significantly since 2006. We are currently listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and operate from offices around the world. We actively aim to make a difference in whichever sporting context our products and services operate within, be that meeting rooms, practice facilities or arenas.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PROVIDING AMAZING SERVICE
The Financial Accountant role is a global role in the finance team, based in Melbourne and spanning across all regions and subsidiaries in which the Company operates. This role reports directly to the Manager, Financial Accounting (who is based in Melbourne) and requires a detailed and thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Australian Accounting Standards and financial operations. This role will require a keen eye for detail, a disciplined approach to processes and procedures and a continuous improvement mindset. The ideal person for this opportunity will be someone enthused and energised about working for a global leader in its industry and be willing to be a key member of a successful global finance team. The successful candidate will have the interesting yet challenging opportunity to work across different functions of the company in a fast paced and supportive environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- A key member of the global finance team, and working as part of a cohesive team to deliver timely, accurate and relevant monthly financial reporting and accounts close;
- Assist with the implementation and development of new systems / controls / policies / processes / procedures to support continued business growth and expansion;
- Prepare journal entries and book transactions to our accounting system (NetSuite), verify the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for appropriately under applicable accounting guidance;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for areas / functions of the accounts that have been assigned to you by the Manager, Financial Accounting;
- Contribute to Group consolidation processes and entries, intercompany, transfer pricing, FX revaluations, group payroll, sales commissions, equity accounts, employee share scheme, tangible and intangible assets and reporting;
- Contribute to the tax compliance obligations of the Group (both direct and indirect taxes);
- Contribute to the preparation of the month end management report and commentary / analyses / insights on the financial results;
- Partner with various business units / departments to provide financial support, ensure financial accountability and provide insights on financial results to drive improved business performance;
- Contribute to the preparation of ASX half-year (4D) and full-year (4E) group financial statements, and a key team member with external financial audits, including preparing schedules, policies and procedures where needed and liaising with the Company’s external auditors;
- Collaborate with teams and colleagues in our key regions including Australia, US, Ireland, the United Kingdom and Latin America, which may include some early morning and / or late evening calls;
- Contribute to statutory reporting requirements in all jurisdictions in which the Group operates;
- Any other ad hoc duties and assistance with finance projects as instructed by the Manager, Financial Accounting and Group Financial Controller.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Either a CA or CPA accounting qualification and 2+ years of post-qualification corporate accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another finance related discipline;
- Current and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);;
- Experience working in a financial accounting / reporting role of a publicly listed company, and experience with statutory reporting requirements and external financial audits;
- Familiar with multi-currency subsidiaries, across multiple countries, and familiar with the consolidation of multiple global subsidiaries;
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically intermediate to advanced Excel skills;
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting package desirable but not essential;
- Able to demonstrate that you are a proactive self-starter, inquisitive and detail oriented, resourceful, and able to use your initiative to problem solve and generate ideas to improve the efficiency of current processes;
- Effective relationship building and communication skills across multi-regions, business areas and cultures.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.