Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY
We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaches, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with strong SaaS and cloud services experience. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud-based architecture with a focus on automation and tool development to achieve our vision of infrastructure as code. This is a high impact role in a fast paced organization that runs on the most cutting edge cloud based infrastructure.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, staging, and production environments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with our development and operations teams to support application builds, continuous integration, and deployment pipelines
- Automate and support a scalable cloud infrastructure using services such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Enhance monitoring and alerting that spans across development and operations.
- Guide our development and operations team in infrastructure best practices
- Create infrastructure service health dashboards
- Develop continuous integration tools and processes that streamline testing & deployment of a large-scale systems on public and private clouds
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
- Actively participate in team engineering processes, with the view of continuously lifting quality and improving
- Bring a growth mindset to every task -- sharing ideas and opinions with an attitude and appetite for improvement; the ability to challenge, pursue outcomes and take ownership of tasks in a collaborative environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Passion for writing code to solve multiple problems through automation and tools
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, particularly Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, Route 53, CloudFront, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and configuration systems, such as Jenkins, GoCD, Ansible or Chef/Puppet
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and sysadmin experience
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases is a strong plus (MongoDB is preferred)
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excel in an agile and collaborative software development environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.