WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
Catapult is looking for a technical leader who has a demonstrated track record of architecture excellence, hands-on experience and leading cross functional technical initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will partner closely with other engineers and data scientists to power experimentation, analytical data products, and machine learning models.
- This is an opportunity for someone with a strong data engineering background to demonstrate their thought leadership in crafting metrics and elegant insights that have a direct impact on the business.
- You will help build a highly scalable and secure Data platform.
- You are technical lead for the Data Engineering team helping architect, design software
- You love to write code while mentoring team members. This role is 70:30(hands-on design/dev vs architecture/mentoring etc)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- 10+ years of progressive software engineering and data engineering experience building customer facing products.
- You are proficient in at least one major language (e.g., Java, C++, Python) and SQL (any variant). You strive to write elegant and maintainable code, and you're comfortable with picking up new technologies.
- You understand modern Data lake and warehousing technologies (e.g S3, Redshift or Snowflake)
- You have a good understanding of Operational Data Stores and the difference between them and Warehousing technologies to be able to power different use cases.
- You understand Modern Distributed messaging applications like Kafka. Understanding of Batch and Streaming Data processing is required.
- You have a product mindset to understand business needs and come up with scalable engineering solutions. You have a strong background in building distributed data pipelines.
- You are always looking for opportunities to simplify, automate tasks, and build reusable components across multiple use cases and teams.
- You are comfortable working in the most agile environments with vague requirements and rapid iterations. You are nimble and take smart risks.
- You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
- Knowledge of Cloud native, microservices architecture patterns is a plus.
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Great interpersonal, team playing and “can do” attitude. Uncompromising will to learn
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.