Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING ENGAGED COMMUNITIES
We are looking for a social media professional to create a highly engaged community of elite athletes, sports scientists & emerging youth athletes online. Everything we publish will have a purpose in our customer’s journey and serve to drive passion for our brand. We understand the language of athletes & fans online and believe that sports can unite people like few other experiences can. We’re looking for someone based in Boston who will embrace the opportunity to be the voice of the brand across all social platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok and emerging networks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for the planning and publishing of all social media content, including 2-way customer engagement opportunities during timely events
- Refine brand voice & visual expression for social channels and ensure consistency across all social media publishing.
- Independently creates measurable strategies and execution with clear KPIs to meet varying objectives; inclusive of brand perception, driving product discovery and purchase consideration via social media channels and partnerships (e.g. influencers and publishers)
- Maintains deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis and ownership of data touchpoints
- Regularly contributes and presents strategy, learnings and recommendations via meetings and document writing
- Develops and owns goals and performance metrics for social handles; using critical understanding of historical data, effectiveness, strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement; reporting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Identifies emerging channel trends (content formats and subject matter), partnering with creative, paid social and marketing teams (and external agencies) to define and execute experiments, leaning into success
- Improves process including documentation for net new or ongoing processes such as social listening, sales engagement, social content publishing and channel partnerships
- Coordinates with content & sales teams for programming in social media and onsite channels to ensure tactics ladder to overall strategy and goals
- Manages external content creators and oversees campaign rollouts on social, leading creative ideation to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for customers and to meet channel growth goals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6+ years of progressive responsibility in social media marketing and brand advertising
- Highly detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to capture and use various data points to develop and measure marketing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of global marketing functions
- Experience in social media/community management and understanding its business impact
- Sports & cultural marketing experience
- Understanding of creative development process and planning
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.