Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY
Are you an experienced Senior Product Manager looking to be at the cutting edge of athletic performance and the human body? If you are an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology, data science, human performance and a passion to deliver cutting-edge insights, we have the perfect job for you!
You will work closely with data scientists, engineers, product managers and designers to deliver insights, predictions and recommendations on how elite athletes should train and play. You will have access to leading data from cutting edge athlete measurement tools including GPS/LPS, inertial sensors, internal metrics like heart rate and body chemistry and video.
Based in Boston, the Senior Product Manager will be at the center of a complex ecosystem of end users (coaches, sports scientists, video analysts and athletes) and data (video, Catapult wearables, 3rd party wearables, fitness and screening data and game event data). It will be your job to help our teams win and our athletes maximize their play and preparation by providing novel, timely and digestible insights across all Catapult products. Our customers win and lose on small advantages. Their careers are made on incremental improvements. They deserve the most cutting edge tools and thinking. It will be your responsibility to represent the voice of the customer, set priorities and manage the output of our data science team as well as work with our product teams to bring your work to the customer. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs, understand data science concepts and Agile processes and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Be the voice of the customer identifying questions that teams are asking, but don’t yet have quantifiable, timely and actionable answers for. You’ll work to deeply understand customer problems and uncover unmet needs that can be addressed with forecasts, predictions and other insights that leverage Catapult’s large data sets.
- Manage the day to day work of our data science team including leading Agile ceremonies and processes and maintaining the team’s long term roadmap
- Design and evaluate the statistical and practical significance of data science experiments
- Advocate for acquisition of necessary data sets and technology tools including 3rd party data sets
- Evaluate the usefulness and customer value associated from new metrics and recommendations created by the data science team
- Collaborate with our product managers, designers, sports scientists and video analysts to ensure that data science activities are aligned with our broader product and customer success strategies
- Value simplicity and be able to find the fastest path to deliver maximum value to our customers. This includes managing internal and external expectations and balancing requests against goals, and playing a key role in project release planning.
- Keeping track of industry trends and competitor analysis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years of product management, data science or adjacent experience including experience working with data science and software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Understanding of machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence and other modern data science concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in either data science, data analytics, engineering, or any related field.
- Ability to work directly with customers, on an on-going basis, eliciting feedback on unmet needs, new features and metrics
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to details.
- Results-oriented mindset.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.