Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT DATA
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Analytical Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will be a key player in driving a data-driven organization by developing the infrastructure that supports providing insights and analytics to our business leaders. Your role is key in ensuring that organizational data is collected, organized and accessible for fast decisions in support of delivering the best platform and experience to our customers. The Data & Analytics team is a driving force in moving the business forward, ensuring our leaders have the right information where they need it when they need it. Our data engineers match this ethos by approaching their work with a customer-first mentality, applying agile principles to deliver the right solution for the business problem that satisfies the business need.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and optimize data models/schemas in BI data warehouse that support end to end reporting solutions and enable performant, intuitive analysis.
- Automate operational reporting and develop scalable data solutions to reduce the development time & human errors and to increase overall company efficiency.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver BI solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic Technology directions. Deliver solutions that provide superior user experiences while balancing corporate guidelines including managing system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost effectiveness.
- Manage transformation of data from raw form into reliable business entities and reporting aggregates with an eye toward processing efficiencies. Maintain documentation of transformation dependencies and data model diagrams.
- Assure accuracy of data processing and outputs through consistently high software development skills, adherence to best practice, thorough testing, and peer reviews. Build automated QA process to validate the quality of the data and report on data quality. Investigate and mitigate discrepancies.
- Cultivate an environment of Engineering excellence and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing Engineering and delivery processes.
- Habitually approach problem solving with creativity and resourcefulness
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementing large data-warehousing projects, strong knowledge of latest NextGen BI & Data Strategy & BI Tools.
- Programmatic scripting experience and hands-on development of ETL pipelines and tooling.
- Proven experience in Business Intelligence, supporting reporting and analysis on large datasets and visualization tools.
- Strong systems integration architecture skills and experience ranging across a number of technologies (SSIS/AWS/Snowflake) and languages (SQL/R/Python/Json) with a proven track record of turning new technologies into business solutions.
- Experience working in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment using agile methodologies.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.