SBG Sports Software (recently acquired by Catapult) is a leading developer of data and video-based performance analysis software for international elite sports. Our systems are extensively used in Formula 1, Formula E, worldwide endurance racing, domestic and international football, and several other sports.
Our customers include the FIA, six Formula 1 teams (including the 7-time World Champion Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team), more than half of the Formula E teams and the winners of the last 7 Le Mans 24-hour races (Audi, Porsche, and Toyota). In football, users of our software include the majority of English Premier League teams (including Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Leicester City) and many other top-level clubs and international teams around the world.
We are winners of the Queen’s Award for Innovation and the Yahoo Sports Technology Award for Best Product for Elite Performance.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING BEAUTIFUL SOFTWARE
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Junior Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in London, you will be a key player in planning, designing, building and testing the features. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment. This is a C++ role, however, if you have good knowledge of another object-oriented programming language (such as C# or Java), you will also be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Software Development: You will design and implement feature requests using sound software engineering practices.
- Maintenance and Support: We expect you to fix bugs and help our support team answer technical questions.
- You are expected to deliver on your goals in a timely manner and to provide regular progress updates to the team.
- Documentation: We expect you to document your code clearly and concisely as well as describing tests and aiding the production of user documentation.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- C++ (or experience in another object-oriented language and a willingness to learn C++).
- Degree in a scientific or technical subject, with a grade of 2:1 or higher.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and with good time management.
- Willingness to work flexibly to include evenings and weekends when necessary. (Sporting events are often on weekends.)
- Willingness to travel to sporting events for customer support and training when necessary.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of, and interest in sport
- Passion for data
- Experience developing efficient algorithms
- An understanding of UI and UX design
- Experience developing applications on Windows or Mac
- Experience of Agile development tools and processes
- Experience developing applications in Visual Studio and Qt Creator
- Experience developing applications that process video
- Basic understanding of networking
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.