Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the Premier League, Ligue 1, LNR, La Liga, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SPORTS, SALES AND WANT TO WIN
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in the Middle East has led to the required services of a Business Development Manager. You will be responsible for promoting and driving significant growth of the Catapult range of products. Using the resources and technology provided, you will grow and expand the client base, strengthening the brand and drive revenues while adhering to the Catapult culture code and values.
You will report to the “Director, Sales” helping coaches, sports scientists and performance analysts turn objective data into valuable athlete insights. This will be a remote-based position with responsibilities across multiple sports across the country.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Increase Sales in the region in line with specified targets.
- Create and build good relationships with customers and prospects through personal contact, meetings, conference attendance and via telephone, email etc.
- Efficiently gather market and customer information to qualify each prospect's buying intention and ability, to support negotiation on price, delivery and customer management.
- Provide accurate feedback on future buying intentions of customers and prospects.
- Manage a pipeline of customers and prospects through buying stages from initial meeting, through presentation and closing the sale.
- Present and demonstrate on the field Catapult’s products and services to customers and prospects as part of a sales process.
- Issue quotes and detailed proposals to customers and prospects and work with each organisation to progress the buying decision.
- Work with Catapult’s management to set targets for sales opportunities and revenue within the market.
- Be self-critical and manage your own performance and processes to meet or exceed these targets.
- Support the information needs of Catapult management including keeping pipelines, prospects and sales records always accurate and up to date.
- Execute marketing programs and marketing communication in the target markets.
- Personally represent the Catapult brand in public forums, conferences, trade shows and events.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Living in the Middle East, preferably in the UAE.
- At least 3 years’ experience of high performance technology sales (one or more of; Wearables, Video), ideally in an elite sporting environment.
- Ability to learn systems quickly and assist others in learning best practices.
- Ability and desire to support team goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with Senior Management.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Willing to travel (up to 50% of the time when local restrictions permit)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.