Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT DEVELOPING WORLD-CLASS PRODUCTS & ARCHITECTURE
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and drive an architectural vision and roadmap to support the aggressive growth of Catapult
- Be an active participant and the authoritative technical voice in product strategy discussion
- Partner with the VP(s) of Engineering and VP(s) of Product of Video, Wearable, Prosumer to successfully deliver products from design to production.
- Reporting to and working closely with Catapult CTO, Principal Architects and technical leaders for various LOBs (Video, Wearable, Prosumer) will advance the overall architecture at Catapult, finding the right mix between centralized consistency and LOB independence
- Work closely with LOB architects, domain architects (UI, Micro Services, Data Platform) and technical leads in various products to develop the next generation platform.
- Build relationships with and work with Catapult technology partners.
- Mentor and develop technical leadership across Catapult
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 15+ years experience designing and building highly scalable, mission-critical distributed software systems
- 10+ years experience building and operating SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience as strategic Chief architect
- Previous experience working at VP level is Plus.
- 5+ years experience building and operating Data products
- Expertise in designing data models using Relational, NoSql databases, Time Series Databases
- Previous experience building scalable Cloud-native architectures
- Experience architecting event-driven distributed systems using Apache Pulsar, Kafka
- Previous experience migrating on-premise applications to cloud, with solid understanding of migrating customer data and applications to cloud platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to drive an architectural vision for a company or highly scalable line of products
- A desire to work not only with technologists but also product owners and business leaders
- Has both the ability and desire to get on a whiteboard to explain the bigger picture whilst going into finer details.
- You are a former engineer who can work with engineers to help them succeed in solving challenging issues (e.g. memory leak under high load, or why a type of database technology should be used for the microservice)
- Ability and desire to communicate and influence at the executive level
- Must have experience working across multiple large-scale cloud providers, including AWS or Azure or Google Cloud.
- Have in-depth experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with enterprise integration using SSO
- Experience IOT hardware architectures
- Experience building real-time streaming pipelines using Apache Spark or similar frameworks/cloud services.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.