Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND SPORTS SCIENCE
Are you an experienced Product Analyst looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? The Product Analyst represents the voice of the customer and is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work of our engineering teams to ensure impeccable features and functionality of our products. Within this role you must have a strong understanding of Catapult’s heavily data-driven decision framework throughout all aspects of the organization.
We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our Product Analyst needs to match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment. With your knowledge of wearable data, sports science and athlete information you will work closely with cross-functional teams to build our next generation of cloud solutions to provide insights and analytics to coaches, sports scientists and athletes across the globe.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs, build customer journeys and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Ultimately, you’ll help us deliver products that realise our company’s vision to own the performance stack in elite sport. You will know what ‘good’ looks like, be a self-starter, be proficient in managing and executing projects, and autonomously driving outcomes with remote oversight. Located in our Melbourne office, you will support a global business and will be required to travel to our international offices from time to time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide vision and direction to the engineering teams and other stakeholders.
- Manage a variety of regular field reporting as well as managing ad-hoc special projects that identify, investigate, and analyze business process and work practices.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business (e.g. leaders across all functional areas) to identify and analyse business problems, measure business performance, distill key insights, map and forecast market changes, predict behaviours and events, provide analytical reporting, recommend resource optimizations, as well as implementing process re-engineering, forecasting and strategy work to continue servicing internal customers.
- Develop and establish a business intelligence reporting platform, including the automation of existing monitoring and reporting systems.
- Actively identify process improvements and recommend necessary actions to promote automated technical solutions, enhancements to the timeliness and quality of analyses, improvements to the presentation of information and reports, educating the business on the use of data as an analytical tool.
- Champion the adoption of conventions and best practices in modelling analyses across Catapult, as well as the use of data-driven decision making.
- Playing the role of Subject Matter Expert within the team throughout product development, testing and implementation phases to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Contributing to the refinement of our methodology based on measurable results and customer feedback.
- Lead the planning of product go to market plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Be the voice of the customer for the product, mapping customer journeys and personas, working to deeply understand customer problems and uncover unmet needs. This includes managing client expectations and balancing requests against goals, and playing a key role in project release planning.
- Workshop, capture and refine product requirements using agile techniques and artefacts.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritizing stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and aligned to product strategy.
- Keep track of industry trends and competitor analysis.
- Work closely with product leaders to create and maintain a product backlog according to customer need, business value and ROI.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong knowledge and 8+ years of operational experience working extensively with complex database management systems, as well as MS Excel, is essential.
- 5+ years of sports science experience across multiple countries, namely United Kingdom, Australia, United States.
- Experience in guiding agile teams, practices and principles to produce artefacts, including discovery workshops, customer journey maps, user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, workflow diagrams, functional specifications, business requirements and product designs.
- Experience with data modelling, normalising multiple data sets, understanding their relationships and generating insights from the data.
- Experience with business analysis, understanding stakeholder requirements, in particular elite sports teams across multiple geographies, and designing solutions with the ability to work directly with customers, on an on-going basis, eliciting feedback on new features, providing timely responses to questions and presenting demonstrations of completed functionality.
- Experience in a high growth, complex, global, and ideally SaaS business
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite and Zendesk would be advantageous
- Dynamic problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate and prepare for difficult questions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- Strong data visualization, report writing, and verbal presentation skills
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.