Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
We are looking for a talented Product Manager whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. You will be responsible for representing the voice of the customer by directing and managing research and development initiatives to ensure products are developed in line with identified market needs and defined product objectives. You will set, prioritise and evaluate the finer detail of product specifications by working closely with our development teams to build our next generation of cloud solutions across digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaches, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our Product Managers need to match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the voice of the customer for the product, mapping customer journeys and personas, working to analyse market requirements, competitor products by deeply understanding customer problems to uncover unmet needs.
- Provide vision and direction to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include UI/UX, development, quality assurance, customer support, sales and marketing experts to define and deliver solutions that create high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Workshop, capture and refine product requirements using agile techniques and artefacts.
- Contribute to the refinement of our methodology based on results and customer feedback.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and aligned to product strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and groom the product feature backlog, contributing to iteration planning.
- Play the role of Subject Matter Expert within the team throughout product development, testing and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity and quality.
- Work closely with the Product leaders to create and maintain a product backlog according to customer need, business value and ROI.
- Lead the planning product go-to-market plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Value simplicity and being able to find the fastest path to deliver maximum value to our customers. This includes managing client expectations and balancing requests against goals, and playing a key role in project go-to-market planning.
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of product management or adjacent experience with a solid understanding of the product development lifecycle
- 1+ years’ experience guiding agile practices and principles to produce artefacts, including discovery workshops, customer journey maps, user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, workflow diagrams, functional specifications, business requirements and product designs.
- Ability to build strong relationships to continuously partner with customers eliciting feedback on new features, providing timely responses to questions and presenting demonstrations of completed functionality.
- Ability to think holistically about all aspects of getting a product to market successfully, beyond feature readiness alone
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Outstanding organisational, leadership and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated.
- Results-oriented mindset.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.