WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT ENHANCING BUSINESS PERFORMANCE THROUGH ITS PEOPLE
We are looking for an inspirational Chief Technology Officer to lead and execute the overall technology vision and strategy, and guide the organization through the next phase of exponential growth. You will be part of the executive leadership team working closely with other senior executives to help shape the strategic and execution roadmap. You will be responsible for all technical initiatives, growth and retention of the existing engineering team, and recruitment of engineering talent. You will drive strategic decisions in the way we build technology, and navigate the balance of delivering amazing products, investing in the future, and reducing technical debt.
- An opportunity to build the first “Salesforce of Sports Tech,” a data-driven SaaS platform offering multiple products across multiple sports categories with solutions to complex use cases with a customer-centric approach.
- Building a unified platform which integrates data across Catapult’s product suite to capture comprehensive insights into the full lifecycle of an athlete and/or a team.
- Partnering with the executive leadership team and the Board to align the technology roadmap with business objectives and lead the team to execute with speed and quality.
- Implementing a hiring plan that will enable the technology team to expand from 100 to 250+ people and form a scalable organizational structure to support that growth.
- Establishing a high performing engineering culture across a diverse, globally distributed group of engineers residing in multiple time zones.
- Ensuring a cohesive strategy to integrate and deliver multiple product solutions on a modern, unified technology platform.
- Employing cutting edge technologies in wearables, data science, computer vision and machine learning to build hardware and SaaS data products that will enable both the professional and amateur athlete to perform at their best.
- Supporting and advising on M&A and partnership activity, particularly in due diligence of the technology stack and employee acquisitions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll work cross-functionally to partner with key executives to enable greater organizational scale and effectiveness, and build a technology brand that becomes a talent magnet.
- Establish, execute and achieve the company’s technical vision and milestones in strategic alignment with business objectives.
- Lead all aspects of the Technology and Data team functions, including full scope Engineering, QA, Data Engineering, IT and Cyber Security, and Architecture teams.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project leadership for major initiatives, for all product development in your team.
- Lead teams that rapidly experiment, continuously ship product improvements and diligently measure results while managing the trade offs between speed to market, customer needs and building solid technical foundations.
- Work closely with your product and design counterparts; influence product direction through scientific and technical insights with a continued shift towards a customer-centric solution roadmap and delivery model.
- Further develop the adoption and implementation of Catapult Sports’ computer vision capabilities for it’s video analysis products.
- Deliver and scale a leading Data Science capability, efficiently utilizing cutting-edge technologies to deliver powerful insights both internally and externally to Catapult’s customers.
- Keep athlete and team data top of mind by securing and tracking the use of personally identifiable information to comply with regional based privacy legislation such as HIPAA and GDPR.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Extensive executive-level engineering leadership experience in a high-growth company, preferably for a global SaaS (B2B and/or B2C) platform.
- Experience scaling SaaS technology platforms and operations to support hundreds of millions in revenues.
- A reputation as an inspirational leader, who builds strong relationship networks and thrives in an entrepreneurial, customer-driven environment across multiple cultures and international locations.
- Has integrated siloed products and platforms into a unified solution that shares common technology, data and insights across all products.
- M&A Experience with growth through mergers and acquisitions. Experience integrating engineering teams from acquired companies seamlessly into their organizational structure
- Experience with modernizing legacy systems and platforms with strong knowledge and opinions of the technical options that are available in today’s market.
- A proven track record as a seasoned technology leader for a business where data science and analytics is a core capability.
- Experience leading teams who have architected modern data platforms from the ground up and have built sophisticated data science platforms on a stable and reliable data infrastructure.
- Experience in hiring, retaining, mentoring and leading high performance, empowered teams that are globally distributed.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments through collaboration and engagement across entire organizations.
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal).
- Have an appreciation of people with different backgrounds and points of view and create an inclusive environment.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave.
Whether you are interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realize that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.