WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We want people who are passionate about cloud services and global technology.
The Catapult Information Technology & Cloud Operations Engineer, based in Boston, MA, will be a member of the Catapult Global IT & Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for IT within the Wilmington and Boston offices along with management of Cloud Services to ensure that overall business objectives are met. This person will work closely with Global IT and decision makers in various departments to identify needs, recommend, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organization and Catapult Products. This individual’s initial focus will be to manage and support the overall Wilmington IT infrastructure, desktop support, along with Cloud Infrastructure and Services for ThunderCloud, OpenField, ClearSky and AMS.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Strategy, Planning and Prioritization
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the Director of IT & Cloud Operations, department heads, and fellow employees regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Based on agreed upon requirements formulate and propose potential approaches to meet. Once a proposal has been reviewed by the stakeholders and approved, work to implement and deploy.
- Assist in the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for proposed IT spending and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, and ISO 27001
- Participate in the creation and review of IT budgets to ensure they accurately forecast and communicate what will be required to achieve stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Participate in the development of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery.
Operational Management & Excellence
- Proactively review Wilmington IT and Catapult Cloud Services operation to ensure we are fully meeting the needs of our Business and Customers.
- Including performance, reliability/up-time, backups, security and compliance requirements.
- Documentation of Wilmington Network, Systems, Backups, IT Procedures, Catapult Cloud Services and Implementation details
- Monitor, benchmark and analyze operations and make recommendations for the improvement of the overall IT infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and support of all networking, hardware and software based on business needs.
- Support end-user services, including phone systems, IT help desk and technical support services.
- Management and support of Catapult Sports Infrastructure; primary focus on Wilmington MA office, remote offices and employees while on business travel
- Assist end users with any desktop related issues that arise on a daily basis
- Assist the Cloud Operations team with monitoring of services in AWS / Azure
- Assist the Cloud Operations team with operational tasks in AWS / Azure
- Provide support of office(s) WAN & LAN with the ability to be available on weekends, off hours and when emergencies arise
- Administer network accounts, security groups, permissions, troubleshooting access for domains and cloud services
- Configuration and setup of systems for new employees and servers for various departments
- Ability to effectively form and manage external vendor relations
- Effectively handle any escalations for issues in your area of responsibility.
- DNS management of internal and external DNS zones
- Administration of G-Suite and Office 365 productivity environments and email
- End-user computer hardware and software purchasing, inventory, troubleshooting and repair, software support and research
- Laptop builds/rebuilds for existing and new hires; Archiving terminated employee data in secure company location
- VPN Connectivity
- Mobile device connectivity support
- Printers and Print services
- Provides security key FOBs to employees and guests
- Involved in cube and office build outs, involving both high voltage (power) and low voltage (data/voice) cabling and Moves/Adds/Changes/Relocations
- Workstation setup for new users
- Inventory and Help Desk ticket tracking
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of Data Center technology experience (VMware, Dell Servers, PDU, SAN Technologies, IIS, SQL)
- 3+ years managing or supporting AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with scripting languages, cloud formation (Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (GoCD, Jenkins)
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current networking technology, security and Windows/Linux/OSx based operating systems, hardware.
- Experience in IT network and infrastructure, project management and policy development.
- University degree in the field of computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with systems design and deployment from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT to solve business problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- CCNA or equivalent Networking knowledge and experience
- VMware or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or equivalent experience
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, with attention to detail.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to keep IT management aware of and up to date on site issues.
- Ability to manage/direct contractors and interns.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills.
- On-call availability for 24x7x365 operations
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Travel - Occasional travel to other Catapult offices/sites may be required.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.