We create technology to help athletes and teams perform to their true potential.
We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in sport, we help to shape its future. Driving innovation through ambitious research and development initiatives, our solutions are designed to push sports performance to new heights. We now work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers with the information they need to manage athlete health, game-day readiness, and return to play. Our products include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. Our company has major offices in Boston, Melbourne and Leeds (UK), with a full workforce spread across more than 20 countries around the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the best team around.
We’re seeking an experienced executive to join the leadership team and help position our organization for scale while continuing to build world class people practices.
The Chief People Officer will own all areas of People & Culture within Catapult, including Talent Acquisition, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Training and Development, and Employee Engagement & Culture. This role will be part of the executive team, reporting to the COO, and is a regular contributor to the Board's Remuneration & Nomination Committee. The position is based in Boston, MA.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, energetic, and strategic people leader who has experience scaling and building world class culture in global high-growth tech organizations. The ideal candidate brings experience as an innovative and thoughtful international business leader within a fast-growth company who understands the cultural nuances across geographies in order to effectively manage a diverse talent pool. Importantly, this individual will need to balance the need to build and set the future people strategy against the need to deliver operational immediate improvements. This is a hands-on role for a builder, not a maintenance person, and will have the support of a great team.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of the Company's multi-year operational plans and programs as a strategic partner with a particular perspective on the impact on people. Develop an organization-wide human resources strategic plan to support business objectives across the globe.
- Build Culture & Connection: Amplify our core values and create opportunities for employee connection; keeping our people informed, engaged, and inspired.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Foster an equal, diverse, inclusive, and fun work environment; drive improved balance across the global workforce through the development and delivery of a range of DE&I initiatives across the employment life cycle.
- Employee Development: Refine our approach to professional development and build on existing efforts to create a program that is embraced by employees.
- Talent Acquisition: Refine strategy, establish a high-performing TA "service", enhance processes, and improve experiences to accelerate the hiring of top talent. Improve leader & hiring manager capability to attract & select top talent.
- People Systems & Metrics: Design people & culture frameworks and systems that meet the needs of a rapidly changing and growing company - this includes but is not limited to ongoing review and implementation of systems such as HRIS/HCMS, engagement survey tools, applicant tracking systems, performance and reward systems, and so on.
- Performance Management: Continue to develop a performance-based culture focused on setting measurable objectives, driving improvements to performance and process, embedding accountability, and delivering consistent feedback.
- People Analytics: Own and drive a metrics-based framework to understand trends, challenges, and opportunities within the organization and workforce, and translate those insights into actionable measures, tied to key performance indicators.
- Operational Excellence: Develop best-practice operational mindset and processes both within the People & Culture team and in its interactions with other teams across the organization.
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with senior executives and Finance on strategic planning as relates to people (e.g., changes to reward & benefits mix, workforce management, offshoring/outsourcing, headcount planning, etc.) and drive implementation of plans throughout the year.
- Team Leadership: Coach, mentor, and develop individuals on the People & Culture team, and continue to elevate the organization to perform at a world-class level.
- Senior Corporate Leadership: Be a visible member of the executive team and a trusted advisor to departmental and operational leaders at all levels in the company; work to build, align, energize and retain key leaders at all levels
- You are first and foremost a team member that focuses on the value of the team more than individual gain or recognition. You have a collaborative work style and a roll-up your sleeves attitude; deep sense of personal ownership, and willingness to "do the work" as opposed to just overseeing or managing the work.
- You are a structured thinker with a strong EQ that brings a data-driven approach to your work along with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager to try new things and be innovative .
- You are a natural leader, mentor and engaged team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels.
- You have an appreciation of people with different backgrounds and points of view and create an inclusive environment.
- You are a dedicated and adept problem-solver, proactively gather information and make recommendations to address complex business issues.
- You possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
- You anticipate change, troubleshoot issues as they arise – making necessary adjustments while always having a plan B in place.
- You inspire a culture of candor, accountability, ambition, intelligence, and fun at work.
- You are able to successfully manage competing priorities and responsibilities, and help your team do the same.
- You excel under pressure, maintain a calm demeanour and are able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- You possess high ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character, presenting yourself in a professional demeanor that is persuasive and confident, both internally and externally.
- You are straightforward and personally confident being able to give, seek and receive feedback constructively.
What You’ll Need
- You have 15+ years of work experience as a strategic, hands-on leader who has successfully built and led a high performing diverse People & Culture organization, with a track record of creating a team that helps scale the company from its early stages to a mature, globally efficient/effective growth company.
- You have experience in a tech and/or high-growth company that has a culture employees are inspired by and proud of, and evidence of having helped create and maintain that culture.
- You have experience designing frameworks and systems (total rewards, HRIS/HCMS, talent management, etc.) that meet the needs of a rapidly changing, globally dispersed, and growing company.
- You have been a member of a senior executive team and effectively served as a trusted advisor and partner to leaders at all levels as they build, align, energize and retain their high performing people.
- You have experience helping employees and managers develop by leading by example, providing learning experiences, mentorship, and guidance.
Why You’ll Like Working at Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, so you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better here.
- We exist to improve the performance of athletes and teams around the world. What's not great about that?
- You'll have an opportunity to build a world-class people organisation, and help propel this company to great heights. This is an opportunity to iterate on and build people practices from the ground up - you can make a material impact on the future of this organization. It's a chance to leave a legacy!