WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organisations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY
We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
You will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with short project timelines from conception to deployment.
Our engineering teams are focused on building highly reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop complex web software applications
- Build highly scalable and available RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets
- Actively participate in agile scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and best practices in coordination with team objectives
- Participate in design meetings and code reviews
- Contribute to the team’s test strategy through authoring test cases, automation, and unit tests
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Train other team members on the React / NodeJS tech stack
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years Web Development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS
- 1+ years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases
- RESTful architectures
- Experience working with AWS, or other cloud computing platforms
- Understanding of test-driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- CI/CD, build pipelines (jenkins, circleci, etc...)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion and seeking consensus. Willingness to provide and receive feedback
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.