Senior Product Manager
Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We want people who are passionate about state-of-the-art technology
Are you an experienced Senior Product Manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to build our next generation of cloud solutions across digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaches, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our Product Managers need to match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
The Sr. Product Manager represents the voice of the customer and is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work of a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. Responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Ultimately, you’ll help us deliver products that realise our company’s vision to own the performance stack in elite sport.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include UI/UX, development, quality assurance, operations experts, sales and marketing to define and deliver solutions that create high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Playing the role of Subject Matter Expert within the team throughout product development, testing and implementation phases to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Being the voice of the customer for the product, mapping customer journeys and personas, working to deeply understand customer problems and uncover unmet needs.
- Providing vision and direction to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Workshopping, capturing and refining product requirements using agile techniques and artefacts.
- Contributing to the refinement of our methodology based on measurable results and client feedback.
- Assessing value, developing cases, and prioritizing stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and aligned to product strategy.
- Planning, prioritising and grooming the product feature backlog, contributing to iteration planning.
- Ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks ready to work on.
- Working closely with product leaders to create and maintain a product backlog according to customer need, business value and ROI.
- Leading the planning of product go to market plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Valuing simplicity and being able to find the fastest path to deliver maximum value to our customers. This includes managing client expectations and balancing requests against goals, and playing a key role in project release planning.
- Following progress of work and addressing production issues during sprints.
- Keeping track of industry trends and competitor analysis.
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of product management or adjacent experience with a solid understanding of the product development lifecycle
- 5+ years’ experience guiding agile teams, practices and principles to produce artefacts, including discovery workshops, customer journey maps, user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, workflow diagrams, functional specifications, business requirements and product designs.
- Ability to work directly with customers, on an on-going basis, eliciting feedback on new features, providing timely responses to questions and presenting demonstrations of completed functionality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to details..
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated.
- Results-oriented mindset.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.