Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative solutions.
The Software Engineer will be designing and writing code, solving code issues, writing new code, and improving existing code… have we mentioned code? We are looking for people who enjoy developing solutions and fixing problems by writing elegant code and software tools to build scalable, testable and resilient systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be part of the core team building SaaS products used by huge numbers of football players from amateur, GAA, and Rugby teams to EPL and International Soccer teams to the College Football and NFL franchises.
- Working with data from wearables (sensor technologies and time series data) and cloud based video technologies.
- Developing and deploying Algorithms, API and Microservice based system using Node.js, and sometimes Python, PHP or other languages
- Developing utilities and extending & automating CICD and test processes
What You’ll Need:
- An Honours Degree or masters in software engineering or closely related technical subject (or in some cases equivalent experience).
- Ideally you will also have 3 or more years backend development experience
- Experience in an agile software development team environment, preferably building APIs and Microservices. We use Node.js, ES6/TypeScript, PHP, Python, Lamda, React,React Native -experience of these would be ideal, however we are most interested in your ability and talent for coding and software design.
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational data stores. We use MySQL, Mongo and any experience of transforming and storing large time series datasets would be interesting.
- Experience of automating deployment and testing using tools like CircleCI, Testrails and Selenium.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.