Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2900 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about finance
The Finance Officer role is a blended role covering the functions of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The role reports directly to the Group Financial Controller and is based at the Melbourne corporate head office of the Group.
This role will require a keen eye for detail, a disciplined approach to processes and procedures and a continuous improvement mentality. The ideal person for this opportunity will be someone enthused and energised about working for a global leader in its industry, and also willing to be a key member of a global finance team.
The successful candidate will have the interesting yet challenging opportunity to work across different functions of the company in a fast paced but supportive environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintaining the billing system across multiple subsidiaries;
- Generating sales orders, sales invoices, sales credits and account statements;
- Allocating different product and revenue streams across sales orders in multiple currencies;
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable ledger for multiple subsidiaries;
- Verify and accurately allocate all bank payments to customer invoices;
- Assisting with bank reconciliations for multiple currency bank accounts;
- Reconciliation and allocation of foreign currency payments;
- Support the month end process;
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments;
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment, and tracking the progress of outstanding customer debts using Catapult’s internal reporting tools;
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices;
- Assisting Accounts Payable with fortnightly payment runs and banking queries/reconciliations;
- Any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Group Financial Controller
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally;
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail;
- Competent Microsoft Excel skills and competent in all the key elements of Excel;
- Knowledge of Netsuite accounting package and IBM reporting tool desirable;
- Able to demonstrate that you are a proactive self-starter, inquisitive and detail oriented, resourceful and able to use your initiative to problem solve and generate ideas to improve the efficiency of current processes;
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.