Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. Our company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2,500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US, Argentina and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier football teams in multiple countries across different leagues, such as Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay and Brazil, in addition to several National Teams and Sports Institutes.
We want people who are passionate about sports, sales and want to win!
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in LATAM has led to the required services of a Business Development Manager to support NOLA (North of Latin America). This role is primarily hunting and developing new relationships, with some account management. The successful candidate will report to the Head of LATAM, helping coaches, sports scientists and performance analysts turn objective data in to valuable athlete insights. This is a remote position, but the right candidate must live in the NOLA region (Colombia preferred).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prospecting and developing a pipeline and closing sales across elite professional sports with a strong focus on soccer programs
- Being a spokesperson for Catapult and its brand initiatives as needed in local and national presentations of the technology and assets.
- Increase Sales in the region in line with specified targets
- Create and build good relationships with customers and prospects through personal contact, meetings, conference attendance and via telephone, email etc.
- Efficiently gather market and customer information to qualify each prospects buying intention and ability, to support negotiation on price, delivery and customer management.
- Provide accurate feedback on future buying intentions of customers and prospects.
- Manage a pipeline of customers and prospects through buying stages from initial meeting, through presentation and closing the sale.
- Present Catapult’s products and services to customers and prospects as part of a sales process.
- Issue quotes and detailed proposals to customers and prospects and work with each organisation to progress the buying decision.
- Work with Catapult’s management to set targets for sales opportunities and revenue within the market.
- Be self-critical and manage own performance and processes to meet or exceeding these targets.
- Support the information needs of Catapult management including keeping pipelines, prospects and sales records always accurate and up to date.
- Execute marketing programs and marketing communication in the target markets.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of business to business sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Exceptional, proven sales track record in similar roles, preferably in sports.
- Must have been a former college or professional sports soccer athlete and/or coach
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English. Fluency in Portuguese not required, but desirable
- A self-starter able to maintain a cost-effective and time-effective travel schedule, completing expense reports and updating a CRM system daily. You’ll treat your role as if the business was your own.
- Flexible, with the ability to travel within a region approximately 50%.
- Able to perform quality, scientific presentations in the field of athlete performance.
- Able to communicate with coaches by understanding the basics of targeted sports and pre-identify, through research, customer needs in advance of a presentation.
- Able to understand the differences in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation, sports media and business development of the customers.
- We know our current needs, and we work at a very fast pace to achieve these. At times, we’ll demand a lot, but you’ll be rewarded well in return. We understand life balance and respect it.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.