Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about providing best-in-class customer care.
Catapult is looking for a Sport Scientist to support our rapidly growing business in China. Based out of Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou, the key purpose of this role is to provide training, education and on-going support to a select customer base with Catapult’s entire range of hardware and software solutions. The role will assist with the research and development of our technology stack and aim to provide advanced data analysis for both internal staff and existing customers. The role will entail on-site customer visits to teams and organisations within your portfolio to facilitate the best practice use of our technology.
The Sport Scientist will be the customer’s first point of contact to help resolve any product issues. The role will have fall-back support for deeper technical issues from the Support Team in Melbourne, Australia. It is critical that the Sport Scientist understands how to explain product usage and can provide first level technical support in a well communicated manner.
The role will also work closely with our business development managers, partners and sport scientist throughout China to provide marketing contents, administration documentations, product demonstrations, and support new business opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Account manage a select portfolio of teams within Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
- Educate customers on best practice utilising Catapult technology with expert knowledge of all Catapult products and services
- On-going remote support to our growing customer base on Catapult’s entire range of athlete monitoring hardware and software solutions
- Customer service initiatives, follow-up calls, visits, emails and communication central to creating a great customer experience
- On-site training for customers and prospective customers throughout the region
- Perform product demonstrations in support of new business
- Training and interpretation of Catapult data for client applied use
- Assist various marketing initiatives, including marketing survey, social media management, and marketing events
- General representation of Catapult at domestic and international conferences
- Research and development of Catapult’s product stack
- Based in China, with extensive travel within the region and occasional visits to our Australian headquarters
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3+ years working in the elite sporting environment
- Hands on experience with performance monitoring tools such as GPS, Video Analysis, Tactical Applications, Athlete Management Systems
- Proficient in statistical analysis of large data sets
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) and English
- General IT competency and preparedness for troubleshooting and provision of technical support to our customer base
- Account management experience with a large customer base (desired)
- Understanding of the dynamics and requirements of team sports
- The desire to influence the performance management of elite sports
- Willing to go above and beyond for the customers
- Great communication skills to foster new relationships and build on existing relationships with a select customer portfolio
- Effective communication to articulate findings to coaches, athletes, and other performance staff
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours and on weekends
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work well in a small group which is part of a larger regional team
- Communicate effectively with technical support team, software and hardware engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sport Science required
- Postgraduate degree (Masters) is desired
- A self-motivated and directed individual
- Ideally have established a network of professional sports contacts within China (desired)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.