Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,500 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing and delivering world-class products
This full-time, Melbourne-based Senior Product Specialist role is responsible for delivering the finer detail around product specifications and working with the development teams through to delivery. You will direct and manage research and development initiatives with internal and external parties to ensure outcomes drive towards product objectives.
Reporting to the Product Director, you will work closely with the Catapult development teams to ensure products are developed in line with identified market needs, defined product objectives and scientific principles.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Product Feature Development
- Work with the development team through feature design and development process
- Develop clear and comprehensive feature specifications
- Simplify, rather than complexify the delivery of product functionality
- Coordinate the testing and validation of all new development
- Be a keeper of standards with regards to how we integrate functionality into product
Analyse Market Needs
- Analyse market requirements through interactions with customers and staff
- Understand competitor products and identify areas we can improve or leverage
- Be a champion within the business of market needs
Integrate Research & Analytics
- Coordinate internal analytics team projects
- Work with external providers on research initiatives
- Work to ensure research and analytics initiatives drive value in product and brand
- Represent Catapult in scientific forums as required
Ensure Products Meet Scientific Standards
- Ensure Catapult products are developed and tested to a high scientific standard
- Coordinate validation and white papers to a high scientific standard
- Strive to ensure Catapult is the most thoroughly validated wearable in the market
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the elite sports industry
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the demands of professional sporting environments, with demonstrated experience helping customers achieve their goals
- Sports science degree, ideally with postgraduate qualifications, and a clear understanding of sports science principles
- Excellent level of knowledge and experience of Catapult products, with an understanding of the data we provide and how it is used in the market
- Experience using scientific / statistical software tools
- Experience working in the high growth technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management or a related field
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Well-developed organizational skills, with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- High energy, proactivity and a passion for creating world-class products
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel
- Very strong attention to detail and strong administrative skills
- Proven self-starter who takes initiative without high levels of direction
- Adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.