Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,500 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative products
The Senior Software Engineer (.NET) role is responsible for developing OpenField, Catapult’s flagship platform for analysing wearable device data. OpenField is built to translate raw metrics into valuable insights for sports scientists and coaches and designed to help athletes improve their performance and reduce the chance of injury both in real-time and through longitudinal analysis.
Reporting to the Head of Software as part of the Wearables Software Team, the successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, strong problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated experience developing robust, efficient and testable software.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating to design and implement robust, testable and performant solutions to successfully meet customer requests and business needs
- Working with large datasets in real time to produce valuable insights to coaches, athletes and broadcast partners
- Understanding, estimating and tracking progress towards development milestones
- Owning your outcomes, ensuring your work makes its way to QA validated and meeting the expectations of product owners
- Contributing to continuous improvement of our software and processes
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary degree:
- In Software Engineering/Computer Science degree (or equivalent); or
- Including Physics/Mathematics and with extensive software development experience
- Industry experience in software development:
- With 5+ years’ using C# and Visual Studio
- Recent experience with C++ v11 or later
- With data analysis (working with logs, data traces, algorithm assessments)
- With real-time data streams
- With multi-threaded applications
- Using modern source-control solutions
- Using agile development practices
Skills and Attributes
Essential skills and attributes include:
- Recent experience coding in .NET 4.0 or later
- Good foundation in mathematics
- Ability to produce maintainable, traceable code
- Working knowledge of unit testing methods and tools
- Highly-developed problem-solving capability, and a willingness to learn
- Highly-organised and with excellent attention to detail, but pragmatic and able to prioritise
- Strong work ethic and endeavour to get the job done
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Professional presentation and well-developed interpersonal skills
Desirable skills and attributes include:
- Experience with microservices and lambdas
- Experience with LINQ and Reactive Extensions (Rx)
- Embedded development experience
- Good working knowledge of networking concepts across the OSI layers
- Cross-platform development experience (Linux/Unix, OSX, Win)
- Genuine interest and understanding of common sports
- Understanding of sensor technologies (GPS, inertial etc.)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer flexible working, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.