Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,100 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in North America has led to the required services of an Sports Scientist to service the US market by installing hardware and software for new clients, as supporting existing Catapult clients around the country.
In this role, you will work closely with a regional Business Development Manager and be a self-motivated individual capable of making decisions in the best interests of Catapult and its clients – while also delivering impeccable customer service. You will be compensated competitively, and incentivized based on client retention, contract renewals and new sales. You’ll be the front-line voice for Catapult in the region, and the standard to which our product performance is measured.
- Assisting the Business Development Managers in running demonstrations of the Catapult System to Elite clients.
- Installation of the Catapult system – from the OptimEye wearable athlete tracking hardware, to the OpenField analytics software platform.
- Training and interpretation of Catapult data for client use.
- Customer service initiatives, follow-up calls, visits, emails and communication central to creating a great customer experience.
- Effective account management and monitoring of client health to assist with
retention and renewals.
- Capturing market feedback and communicating this to the product team.
- Leading sports science research initiatives to develop sports science knowledge in the market place.
- Hands-on training for all clients and potential clients.
- Representing Catapult at industry trade shows and global events, as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Sports Scientist with account management and customer service initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of sports science or similar, with a passion for making a difference in the lives of elite athletes and coaches.
- Ability to travel 50–60% of the time, and work weekends and off-hours when required
- Able to perform high quality, scientifically-driven presentations in the field of athlete performance. Your audience will be strength and conditioning and performance coaches from some of the most respected US sporting institutions.
- Understanding of many sports and can communicate with coaches.
- Able to communicate with variation in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation.
- Adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.