Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Catapult is also the parent company of XOS Digital, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US. Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in the US, Australia, and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about finance in a high-growth industry
As the Accounting Manager you will be an integral member of the North American finance team for Catapult and XOS Digital reporting to the Financial Controller - Americas.
This position provides the opportunity for career growth and potential of added responsibilities in an ambitious, fast paced, global company listed on the ASX.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Management of the month-end close to ensure an accurate and timely close.
- Own and lead the preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations ensuring the integrity of balance sheet items.
- Preparation of GAAP based financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and related analysis of performance to budgets and forecasts.
- Key player in the annual audit and half year review reporting into Catapult Group adhering to ASX requirements and deadlines.
- Research and communicate certain technical accounting issues to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Maintain internal controls and compliance of company policies.
- Review and approval of sales orders and invoicing to ensure adherence to revenue recognition guidance.
- Support, with other team members, the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes.
- Drive continuous improvements in process to maximize use of systems and automate processes to build scale.
- Perform such accounting, financial and/or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Support Controller and partner with various internal groups for the preparation and review of variance analysis and reporting.
- Availability outside of normal working hours to participate in calls with Australian counterparts.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 6+ years of accounting experience including complete finance department area knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Master's degree preferred
- Public accounting experience highly preferred (Big 4 recommended)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively within a functional team and across departmental functions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- IFRS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in fast paced start-up environment as well as experience in mid-size and public companies.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs, NetSuite, or other mid-tier systems and SalesForce.com.
- Experience in revenue recognition in software industry and SaaS preferred
- Deadline-driven and solutions -oriented and thrive at working in a fast-paced environment.
- High integrity and strong work ethic with a high level of attention to detail and a willingness to be hands-on
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.