Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Catapult is also the parent company of XOS Digital, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US. Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in the US, Australia, and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about sports, sales and want to win!
Catapult is currently establishing a Sales Operations team to lead the support functions critical to the productivity of its global sales force. The Head of Sales Operations will be responsible for driving the design, implementation, and management of scalable sales support systems and processes across our sales teams globally. Working closely with the commercial leaders in each of our regions, and directly with the sales managers and operational staff in all markets, this role is accountable for enabling the overall productivity and effectiveness of the global sales organisation, including driving our ‘sales excellence programme’ improvement initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the design and establishment of the Sales Operations function, which may include incorporation of existing roles as well as the creation and hiring of new roles.
- Manage the team to optimise engagement and performance, including recruitment, onboarding, training, development and performance management.
- Drive sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes (may include customer segmentation work as well as territory management, upsell and renewal processes); ensure high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency across the sales organisation through active monitoring of business rules and escalation of issues to leadership.
- Identify and drive system and process improvement initiatives to achieve sales performance expectations, including sales quota and KPI reporting, refining lead qualification processes, reporting on campaigns, etc. Assist sales leaders to understand process bottlenecks and inconsistencies; work with sales managers to identify common problems, prioritise opportunities for improvement and drive through to completion.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient distribution of sales reports, sales and other intelligence essential to the sales organisation; drive the selection and implementation of new reporting tools as needed (key metrics include pipeline growth, win/loss rates, quota attainment, etc.)
- Continuously review opportunities for improved sales force efficiency/effectiveness through technology; implement enabling technology and drive effective change management to ensure high adoption of new tools. Work closely with sales management to optimise the effectiveness of existing technology investments.
- Support all go-to-market activities of new products and services across the sales organisation, including ensuring sales training, sales tools, pricing, systems, processes and business rules are appropriately developed, communicated and implemented.
- Ensure sales, sales management, and sales support teams are trained in sales operations processes, tools and technology; oversee onboarding of new sales team members by the sales admin team (including SF.com training)
- Contribute to executive presentations and board reporting as needed
- Provide input to senior leadership, HR, and finance teams in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation/remuneration programs; when needed, arbitrate or clarify the application of policies/procedures related to such programs.
What You’ll Need:
- Extensive and proven success leading a sales operations function, preferably with a B2B/SaaS business within the technology, telecommunications, or sporting industries.
- High degree of commercial acumen
- A practical understanding of key business systems and processes throughout the sales cycle, and a strong knowledge of Salesforce CRM (SF.com Administrator certification is preferred).
- Demonstrated results in designing, implementing and managing ongoing process improvements that deliver sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- A data driven approach to decision making, and the ability to lead sales analysis to drive insights to support decision making
- Experience working within and managing distributed teams across diverse markets, and working collaboratively across functions within a global business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, cross-cultural skills, including the ability to coach, motivate and provide meaningful feedback and direction.
- Due to the global nature of this role, some overseas travel will be required, as will flexible working hours to accommodate availability across key business time-zones.
You'll be Working With:
- Sales Operations function (to be defined and built by you in conjunction with leaders)
- Sales leadership, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, HR
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.