Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving teams in the Premier League, La Liga, NFL, AFL, NBA, NHL and more.
We want people who are passionate about providing amazing customer service.
The financial accountant role is an all-encompassing role spanning across the Elite, Sub-elite and Consumer divisions, while also requiring a detailed and thorough knowledge of UK, Irish and EU VAT and tax regulations.
This role will require a keen eye for detail, disciplined approach to processes and procedures. The ideal person for this opportunity will be someone willing to roll up their sleeves and not shy away from work while also be willing to be part of a global team.
The successful candidate will have the interesting yet challenging opportunity to work across different functions of the company in a fast paced but supportive environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working as part of a team to deliver timely/accurate monthly revenue closes
- Maintain the nominal ledger for all revenue related control accounts including reconciliation of accounts on a weekly/monthly basis
- Working with teams and staff in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Keep up to date all key contract terms to correctly raise invoices, defer or accrue revenue on a timely basis.
- Create customer billing schedules
- Raise ad hoc invoices
- Work across the Elite / Sub-elite/ Consumer divisions
- Reconcile at month end all Shopify (9 stores) and Amazon (6 Stores) revenue for processing and agree AR in NS to amounts owing in each platform
- Implement credit control practices for the efficient collection of debtors across the Elite/Sub-elite/Consumer divisions and ensuring debt is collected on a timely basis and providing regular reporting to the Financial Controller (EMEA)
- Assist with all required revenue reporting at month end and year end, including posting of journals and constructing appropriate commentary, to ensure management accounting and Board packs are completed in line with required timetables
- Develop and distribute insightful billing and revenue reports.
- Work closely with the Financial controller, Sales, Commercial and Operations teams to ensure accurate revenue reporting and forecasting.
- Assisting in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and policies and procedures where needed and liaising with External Auditors.
- Complete Ireland VAT and VIES returns and submissions
- Complete UK VAT and ECC Sales returns and submissions
- From time to time any other ad hoc duties.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 to 5 Years' experience in a similar role or must be recently qualified
- Current and working knowledge of UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Reporting Standards (FRS)
- Part Qualified Accountant or recently Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Good excel skills (Vlookup/Hlookup/pivot tables/Sumif/Sumifs)
- Knowledge of Netsuite accounting package ideal but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate that you are a proactive self-starter, inquisitive and detail oriented
- Effective relationship building and communication skills
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer annual leave, pension, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favourite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.