Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving teams in the AFL, Premier League, La Liga, NFL, NBA, NHL and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative solutions.
We engineer wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play, and use it to empower elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics. We make better athletes!
We’re looking to add an experienced React Native developer to our growing software team to take a key role in the design and execution of our innovative plans, working with other developers, designers and sports scientists to take high-level concepts and deliver slick, intuitive mobile and tablet solutions that enhance customer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building and maintaining features of Catapult’s various mobile and tablet apps using React Native
- Proactively making recommendations for technical enhancements for better performance, scalability, and maintainability of mobile/tablet applications
- Working with cross-functional IT and business teams to design and develop solutions based on business requirements
- Providing front-end web development support on projects as required
- Identifying areas of improvement in design, implementation, process, tooling and quality assurance
- Coaching/mentoring less experienced React Native developers
- Remaining current on latest technologies and seeking to integrate them in solutions where appropriate
- Accountability for delivering in an agile environment
The following are required for an applicant to be successful
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2+ years hands-on experience in React Native, having delivered at least one app to production
- 3+ years of modern web development
- Working in Flexbox
- Working with Redux or other state containers
- Using RESTful APIs, HTTP, and networking concepts
- Using modern source control systems
Skills & Traits:
- Collaborative and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Translating customer concepts and requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Strong delivery focus and time management skill (accountability)
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and usability
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
The following would be desirable additions for an applicant to be successful
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience writing React applications/components
- Experience with PHP/C#/Python
- Writing RESTful web APIs.
- Native Android/iOS development experience
- Development and deployment of microservices
- Design/Wireframing (Invision/Sketch/Framer, etc)
- Testing with Jest/Storybook
- Working with Bluetooth/Messaging App/Real-time data feeds
- Animations (CSS/React Native/AfterEffects)
- Using Webpack
- Data Analytics
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer annual leave, referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.