Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Catapult is also the parent company of XOS Digital, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US. Catapult now works with over 1800 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in the US, Australia, and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about providing best-in-class product support.
Catapult is looking for a passionate, experienced Product Support Engineer that will be an integral part of the evolution of Americas wearable technology team in the elite sports market.
A large part of the role will involve Catapult’s ClearSky wearable tracking system. ClearSky is our Local Positioning System offering for Elite Sports.
As a product support engineer your role is to design, implement and optimize the network behind our ClearSky system. The ability to implement robust, secure networks backed by accurate, clear and detailed documentation is critical to the success of this position. Critical knowledge of the system and associated componentry will empower you to lead ClearSky demonstrations, plan & perform site installations and provide timely technical support.
Further to this role is the ability to identify, document and resolve software and hardware issues across the suite of Catapult product offerings. You will develop an intimate knowledge of Catapult products and demonstrate excellent communication skills, be able to problem solve, be self-motivated, attentive to details and highly organized.
Reporting to our US Operations Manager, this full-time Boston based position will form the frontline voice to Catapult clients.
The ideal applicant will be an all-encompassing professional that is passionate about performance technology.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Project leadership for planning, managing, installing and troubleshooting of multiple projects concurrently
- Deliver projects on time and under budget
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients and partners across the Americas region
- Monitoring, maintenance and updating of existing ClearSky infrastructure across the Americas region
- Develop, maintain and contextualize contractor scope of works, detailed designs, support documentation and as built documentation for each site
- Ability to provide technical pre-sales support during ClearSky sales discussions
- Develop expert knowledge of Catapult products to assist the wider technical support team when called upon
- System set-up, configuration, verification and technical training for new Catapult users
- Perform software and hardware validation testing in conjunction with new technology and releases
- Assist in inventory control and preparation of ClearSky related hardware
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of technical experience (IT networking highly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, IT, Computer science, MIS or similar discipline
- Technical background and experience in a relevant field will also be reviewed
- Customer interaction and support experience within a highly demanding industry
- Sports industry experience highly preferred
- Proven project management experience for planning installations, onsite management of contractors and managing - Customer communication and expectations across multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of Wi-Fi, RF and/or GPS technology and tracking systems
- Flexible, ability to travel up to 40% of the time across the Americas region
- Familiarity with IP network design, setup/configuration and implementation
IP Network or Cisco certification highly regarded (CCNA, CWNP, CWTS, CWNA, CCENT)
- General hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting of electronic equipment
- An effective communicator, both written and verbal, with highly developed relational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within a team to over achieve planned targets. Have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexibility to work weekends and be on call
- Be a hands-on member of the team with the knowledge and ability to use power equipment, diagnostic apparatus and general tools when required - Scissor / Boom Lift operator certification or willingness to obtain desirable
- Current and valid passport for potential international travel
- Passion for sport and technology
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.