Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers’ wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Catapult is also the parent company of XOS Digital, the leading provider of video technology to collegiate and professional sports organizations in the US. Catapult now works with over 1500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in the US, Australia, and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about leading our dynamic team and developing our product stack.
We are currently looking for a Vice President of Engineering to be a hands-on leader, ready to scale our people, culture, technology, development processes, and business. We believe there is much more we can do to improve our existing offering, expand the market, and craft innovative solutions to improve the user experience for our customers. You manage a dynamic team and will be at the center of making that happen.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and other key leaders to support the platform roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle
- Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract and train gifted and passionate engineers
- Coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact driven way.
- Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes.
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
- Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long-term company goals
- This position will focus on leading the team in our Wilmington office, but will interact with other key stakeholders and engineers in Australia, Ireland and the UK.
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate should be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
- 10+ years of software development and architecture experience
- 5+ years of management experience, leading large teams preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working in SaaS environment
- Experience building and operating large scale systems
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture and design
- Hands-on experience in new product development, ideally during the growth phase of a successful tech-based company
- Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Use of fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment while also providing clarity and solutions
- Passion for athletics or sports industry preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.