The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Valuation and Financial Reporting Team as an Enablement Specialist.
This is a pivotal role where you will partner with analysts on the Valuation and Financial Reporting Team to support the explosive growth Carta is experiencing. You will work directly with clients to facilitate their valuation requests, board approvals and customize unique solutions related to the stock-based compensation reporting product (ASC 718). As the primary point of contact for valuation requests and stock-based compensation accounting questions, you will address client inquiries by email and phone and coordinate with the valuation analyst on the client’s behalf.
The Enablement Specialist will also be responsible for initial review of client documents, company, industry, and market research, and general analyst support. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating with executives, attorneys, and investors. Knowledge of financial statements and common financial concepts is required.
This role will provide a front row seat into the world of private company finance and the valuation of early-stage companies. The Enablement Specialist will become knowledgeable about capitalization tables, valuation approaches, stock-based compensation accounting and types of equity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Support Carta customers in submitting required information for their valuations and completing their financial reporting
- Facilitate financial data collection, organization, verification, and reconciliation for valuation analysts
- Review and analyze financial information and ownership of companies requesting a valuation
- Perform research on companies, industries, and markets
- Educate clients on policies and platform functionality related to 409A valuations, board approval workflows, options issuance, ASC 718 and related accounting topic
- Resolve customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Carta’s software platform and products
- Triage incoming requests and identify trends/patterns across customer base in order to flag issues as well as potential solutions
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes as well as surfacing customer feedback
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team/company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Comfortable learning quickly and taking on new challenges
- Able to address finance-related and accounting questions in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledgeable of financial statements and common financial concepts
- Experienced with multi-tasking and able to balance dozens of projects at any given time
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues as well as a strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our expected cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $67,500 Seattle, WA
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.