The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We’re looking for exceptional Account Managers to own and manage portfolios of existing customers. This includes ensuring your customers are getting value out of Carta products, closing sales of additional features, and managing them successfully through the renewal process.
As an Account Manager, you will play a critical business role at Carta. You will work with your customers to understand their business plans and develop a Carta product adoption roadmap which will enable them to accomplish their desired business outcomes. Using your experience, you will collaborate with the team, product, sales, marketing and support to drive account strategy, solve problems, and improve customer engagement and loyalty.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Focus on retention and growth of Carta customers
- Identify upsell sales opportunities for additional add-on capabilities that create leverage for our customers’ operations
- Leverage technology to proactively engage with customers at scale regarding Carta’s value, upsell opportunities, and upcoming renewals
- Manage customers through the renewal process, including effectively managing escalations related to contract terms
- Negotiate win-win renewal outcomes for the customer and Carta
- Have clear understanding of customer needs and help them maximize value from the Carta platform/services ensuring strong user engagement
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be Carta advocates
- Participate in customer issues and manage to resolution
- Engage customers to act as a reference
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty
- Monitor and influence product usage, customer engagement and satisfaction feedback
- Make Carta users love Carta by proactively offering advice on best practices and creative product solutions
- Proactively identify areas where customers can further engage with the Carta product
- Proven ability to build and manage customer account relationships in an existing or new sales role
- Proven ability to establish and optimize operational processes related to customer account management
- Strong customer success skills and demonstrated ability to work through difficult conversations to preserve relationships
- Excellent communication, listening, facilitation, and negotiating skills
- Proactive, action-oriented
- Strong data analysis, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ambitious, detail-oriented and self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results
- Proactive, self-motivated and persuasive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Consistent track record of highly-professional interpersonal skills in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A quantitative aptitude and ability to present to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Diplomacy, tact and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Comfortable operating in areas of uncertainty and educating yourself on areas where you lack a depth of knowledge
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Prior experience working in venture capital or private equity space
- Prior experience supporting financial practices or financial software solutions
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $93,750 - $ in New York, New York
- $93,750 - $ in San Francisco, California
- $84,375 - $ in Seattle, Washington
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.