The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Technical Account Management team here at Carta is a key part of the broader Customer Success organization. Our TAM team manages the top 1% of our 21,000+ Private Markets customers, with a focus on liquidity events. These companies have more mature cap tables and complex account configurations, and we help them ensure their account is in an optimal state for transactions. This team is hyper-focused on the health and key business outcomes of these valuable customers, and is purely dedicated to their success.
The Problems You’ll Solve
We are looking for a self-driven, high-performing, eager individual to join our team in cultivating a world-class experience for our top clients. This individual will work cross-functionally with directors, product managers, and other key roles to service clients and lead initiatives to continually improve our offerings.
You will serve as the voice for your clients, reporting product feedback, enhancement opportunities, bugs, and actively communicating the status of these requests to the company administrators. If there is not a technical solution to their problem you will explore manual options, and identify and coordinate resources to implement.
As a Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for servicing a book of Carta’s top strategic accounts. Client needs include:
- Coordination and delivery of day-to-day account needs, including inbound support inquiries and product enablement
- Assistance understanding the impact of changes to the cap table, and processes for inputting to match our data model
- Proactive outreach to clean up or backfill data in order to more fully take advantage of Carta’s products and services
- High-level project management, utilizing multiple internal teams to execute large transactions smoothly and efficiently
- Primary point of contact to streamline the Carta experience and quarterback all cross-functional services
The Impact You’ll Have
In joining our Technical Account Manager team, you will not only have the opportunity to forge important and lucrative relationships with clients but you’ll be able to help us continue to build out and shape this segment. This is a very exciting chance to contribute on a larger scale and create ripples within Carta.
- Work closely with Carta’s largest, most strategic private liquidity (Tender Offer and CartaX) targets to provide a “white-glove” service experience and maintain customer health for retention and data integrity
- Offer proactive service to your client book to encourage tool utilization, data cleanup and accuracy, build trust, and make our product “sticky”
- Opportunity to support these clients through Tender Offers and CartaX transactions, including data cleanup and project management of all teams involved
- Find creative technical solutions for complex and unique client requests
- Act as a resource for other internal teams by participating in product brainstorming and testing sessions, Hackathons, and special projects to further the value we add for our clients
- Improve account level metrics and overall customer health to extend the life cycle of accounts and client satisfaction
- Understanding of equity compensation, interested in or already working toward CEP
- Experience using Carta’s platform or a similar SaaS platform for managing private company equity information, ideally for enterprise-level customers
- Familiarity with stock-based compensation financial reporting is a plus
- Successful cross-functional collaborator, has led initiatives across multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with customers over a long period of time
- Experience leading and participating in multiple large projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel for quarterly on-site visits with full client list
- Availability in the same time-zone as customers, and occasionally outside of business hours or on weekends in cases of client escalation
- Master of problem identification and root cause analysis
- Able to identify impact of transactions across all of our tools
- General understanding of the compliance aspect of introducing liquidity to a company
- Team player, willingly assists colleagues and participates for the success of others